The Student Room Group

newcastle dentistry

hey, i'm in year 12 currently and aspiring to apply to dentistry. so far, the uni that's stood out to me most is newcastle. i've checked their website and am eligible for the partners scheme. when are you supposed to apply for partners? and should you only apply there if you get a high ucat? i've heard people say newcastle needs a high ucat (obviously i haven't sat it yet)
Original post by wavetovenus
hey, i'm in year 12 currently and aspiring to apply to dentistry. so far, the uni that's stood out to me most is newcastle. i've checked their website and am eligible for the partners scheme. when are you supposed to apply for partners? and should you only apply there if you get a high ucat? i've heard people say newcastle needs a high ucat (obviously i haven't sat it yet)

Im in year 12 to0 but want to apply for medicine anyway the general gist is that you apply in year 13 as you send of ur application im pretty sure. theres a lower cutoff for partners applicants im pretty sure its lower by around 100 points than the normal entry so without the partners
newcastle is also changing to ucat and gcse scoring so it may depend on that
To be eligible you also would need to pass the summer school in year 13

you could also go to the newcatle BDS 2024 entry thread and ask questions their as well
Newcastle Dentistry 2024 Entry - The Student Room
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
If you apply through their access scheme called partners, the ucat is severely reduced
Reply 3
Original post by NL315
If you apply through their access scheme called partners, the ucat is severely reduced

Hi I just checked and it said the UCAT is unaffected by the PASS scheme
Reply 4

I am Y13 and have applied for dent at NCL, im on PARTNERS too!

Thankfully I was given an interview and I am waiting to hear back next week (my stats for reference: A*AA predicted, UCAT: 2690 band 1, B Further Maths AS, A EPQ, 999888888777)

When you come to apply through ucas, the PARTNERS applications also open. So, apply for PARTNERS (keep an eye out on the newcastle website for this). You (hopefully) are approved. Then, apply for university. When you are approved, instructions are sent, but in short, you just add in the 'additional comments' section of your application, a capital letter P to signify that you are a PARTNERS applicant! I hope that this helps!

In regards to UCAT, my advice is to not worry about it until summer holidays. As soon as you can book it, do it; spaces fill fast! I would suggest to book it for the last few days of the summer holiday before you start year 13. I would suggest that you spend the summer prepping for the UCAT. I HEAVILY recommend either Medify (i used this) or Medentry. Don't do the official UCAT practice tests until you have good understanding of the 4 sections; they can only be used once!!!

Let me know if you think that I can answer any more of your questions!

Quick Reply

Latest