The Student Room Group

University applications questions

I am currently studying in grade 10 and wants to apply for UK colleges. The subject will be economy. What competitions should I participate in that can help me with my applications? (AMC 10 and NEC are the ones that I have finished)
Original post by Markx
I am currently studying in grade 10 and wants to apply for UK colleges. The subject will be economy. What competitions should I participate in that can help me with my applications? (AMC 10 and NEC are the ones that I have finished)

This is a little confusing.

Where you say college, do you mean 6th form colleges or universities (some refer to them as colleges outside of the UK, especially the US where I presume you're from)?

To enroll into a sixth form college, you often don't need an extensive application detailing your every achievement - this might help with some private colleges to my knowledge, but the majority of those in the UK don't require the same extent of achievement. It's more important that you have the right grades.

As with applying for colleges as an international student can be a bit tricky, it's often better if you contact the individual sixth form college yourself.

Where you also say the subject will be economy, what do you specifically mean? Do you want to later do a degree in economics? Do you want to do the subjects necessary for you to do a degree in economics?
If you want to end up doing a degree in economics from a top uni in the UK, there are recommended subjects that you should take and plenty of others that you shouldn't. Unless you're clear about what you mean, it's a little difficult to recommend anything at this moment in time.

Quick Reply

Latest