The Student Room Group

Religous studies Gcse

Need help with rs 12 markers anyone know a 12/12 structure
Original post by Zexroy
Need help with rs 12 markers anyone know a 12/12 structure

hiya grade 9 student here!
so the structure is so is pretty basic but my teacher said it’s how to get full marks so idk 😭

i do:

definition eg if the question is about euthanasia then define euthanasia before u start

do 3 well explained points for and against so 6 in total and if u do aqa like me idk about the other exam boards but for paper 2 when you have 2 religions just do 2 well explained for and against points for each religion

also when ur doing the points make sure you include teachings and quotes from holy books or scriptures for example i do christianity and islam so i would take quotes from the Bible and the Quran

also make sure you do a conc at the end don’t give your own opinion but say which points are more convincing etc and link it back to the question for example in my mocks i had a really hard question and almost no one knew what it meant but i just kept linking back to the question and included teachings and followed that structure and got 11/12 even tho i still don’t know what the question was same with my exams in year 10 i didn’t know a lot of content but followed that structure and got grade 9 😭

anyways i hope this helps if u need any more help pls reach out !!
Reply 2
Original post by annabel whittle
hiya grade 9 student here!
so the structure is so is pretty basic but my teacher said it’s how to get full marks so idk 😭

i do:

definition eg if the question is about euthanasia then define euthanasia before u start

do 3 well explained points for and against so 6 in total and if u do aqa like me idk about the other exam boards but for paper 2 when you have 2 religions just do 2 well explained for and against points for each religion

also when ur doing the points make sure you include teachings and quotes from holy books or scriptures for example i do christianity and islam so i would take quotes from the Bible and the Quran

also make sure you do a conc at the end don’t give your own opinion but say which points are more convincing etc and link it back to the question for example in my mocks i had a really hard question and almost no one knew what it meant but i just kept linking back to the question and included teachings and followed that structure and got 11/12 even tho i still don’t know what the question was same with my exams in year 10 i didn’t know a lot of content but followed that structure and got grade 9 😭

anyways i hope this helps if u need any more help pls reach out !!

Thank you!! Any tips on remembering quotes or any resources that help ?

Quick Reply

Latest