The Student Room Group

silent treatment

i recently had a situtation with my parents about sneaking out at night and they havent spoken to me since. they yelled at me last night and got super upset. since then i havent spoke, talked or even looked at me. my mom said she would be making me sleep downstairs and she told me to put all my clothes in a suitcase to only use that much. she thinks that if i want to sneak out at night with boys i should try living the consequences of my actions (homelessness). this morning they didnt even come down to make me breakfeast or even talk to me. they were still in their rooms. usually they come down and talk and make me breakfeast everymorning but they didnt. when i came home they usally make me something to eat but today i had to make something for myself. i honeslty feel like school is a safe place for me right now where i can relax and have fun but going home is a nightmare.
We need some context, did you actually sneak out? IF so, was it to meet boys? Did you apologise? Are you/ they religious?

Anyways, I'm sure it's just a punishment, and they'll come around sooner than you think
Reply 2
yes i did sneak out, yes it was w a boy but we didnt do anything like bad we just talked, i did apologise but they wont to hear it and yes we are religous
Reply 3
Your parents could be as scared as they are angry as anything could have happened to you! You're only 14, so you shouldn't be sneaking off at night anyway, or even bothering about boys at any time!

Try talking to your parents and show that you understand you've done the wrong thing, how you will regain their trust and what they would like to see from you. It's not going to be easy as you've got previous over a mobile phone. If it remains too uncomfortable, speak to an adult at school. But getting your own breakfast at 14 isn't that hard.
Reply 4
i guess thats true but they seem really mad like their making me sleep on the floor. i just found out my bus was cancelled today and they refused to drop me to school bc they said "if you can walk with a boy around at night you sureley can walk yourself to school". and i mean school isnt that far its only about 1.9 miles (42 min walk) so i can get there but its going to be super cold in the morning and im trying to email my friends for a ride. ive tried everything i can to regain trust but they seem to not budge and have been giving me cold hard silent treatment.
What I am struggling to understand is how they are conflating homelessness with sneaking out with a boy? That seems a bit much.
Original post by Veet Voojagig
What I am struggling to understand is how they are conflating homelessness with sneaking out with a boy? That seems a bit much.

Some extreme families would feel this was risking bringing unwed disgrace to their household and would kick a kid out over it.
Reply 7
they think sneaking out with a boy would be dangerous for me and stuff and like they related it to homelessness bc they think i keep continuing this path im bassicly going to be out on the streets

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending