The Student Room Group

nottingham vs birmingham

which university is better for pharmacy or just for the overall uni experience? they both seem pretty equal in terms of ranking and prestige, but i don't know much about either city (as i'm an international student) or things like student satisfaction.
Prestige and league tables are meaningless. There will be no real difference in universities of this standard. Birmingham is a much bigger city than Nottingham. It depends on personal preference.
Reply 2
For Pharmacy there is no 'better' course. All MPharm are accredited by the GPhC as 'equal' and have exactly the same syllabus/content to enable your registration as a professional Pharmacist. The NHS is never going to ask 'which Uni' - and neither will your future patients/customers.

So..... it comes down to the Uni environment where you will feel happiest for 4 years.

If you haven't been to an Open Day, look for campus tour films on YouTube for each Uni. Think about the reality of being at that Uni - and living in that place. Again, look on YouTube for 'tourist' films about the City. Both Unis are a similar size and both are good student cities with lots of facilities/things to do. There isnt anything obvious to suggest one is 'better' than the other, so it does come down to your individual choice about which feels better for you as an individual.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
For Pharmacy there is no 'better' course. All MPharm are accredited by the GPhC as 'equal' and have exactly the same syllabus/content to enable your registration as a professional Pharmacist. The NHS is never going to ask 'which Uni' - and neither will your future patients/customers.

So..... it comes down to the Uni environment where you will feel happiest for 4 years.

If you haven't been to an Open Day, look for campus tour films on YouTube for each Uni. Think about the reality of being at that Uni - and living in that place. Again, look on YouTube for 'tourist' films about the City. Both Unis are a similar size and both are good student cities with lots of facilities/things to do. There isnt anything obvious to suggest one is 'better' than the other, so it does come down to your individual choice about which feels better for you as an individual.

i've been looking at things like their virtual tours and youtube vlogs. i was wondering if anyone had any information on the differences between these cities and/or universities, as they seem very similar as you've mentioned.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
Prestige and league tables are meaningless. There will be no real difference in universities of this standard. Birmingham is a much bigger city than Nottingham. It depends on personal preference.

the ranking is part of personal preference, but i'm focused and finding the differences between these universities/cities so i can make a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending