The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham or University of Nottingham?

As an international student aiming to study LLB Law, I am unsure which university I should attend. My main concern is which one would have a better career opportunity after graduation. I know Nottingham ranks higher and has a lower acceptance rate but Birmingham seems to have more international recognition. Which one would you choose and why? Your thoughts would be very appreciated.
They're kind of the same imo, you can't go wrong with either. With Nottingham, I get the impression that it was prestigious in the past, but not so much anymore. Birmingham, on the other had, has the big city name paired with it and from an international pov, it does help a little. Ultimately, your degree classification will be the most important, having either unis on your CV will put your foot in the door for a good career in law but the rest is up to you and not dependent on which uni you went to.

For me (I'm also an international student), personally, I would choose Nottingham because I'm not a big city person and I much prefer a smaller community to be around. That's purely it. Others might choose Birmingham for the very reason I chose to stay away, so really, it depends on how you want your uni experience to be.
Choose either.

Is Notts really more internally reputable though? Has anyone outside of the UK even heard of Nottingham?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending