The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

I got rejected from LSE but I still have hope...

Hi there !
I just got rejected from LSE (my dream school..) and they said in the rejection email that it was because I did not meet the minimum entry requirements for my course, which was 37-38 overall out of 45 (I'm doing the IB). Does this score includes the 3 extra credits that you can get from TOK and the EE ? I got predicted a 35 without the 3 extra credits , and I am quite confident in the fact that I can get all the 3 points, and have a total score of 38. Do you think that it would be usefull to send the uni a mail about it, or should I just accept my fate ??
Thanx in advance ^^
PS - To all the people that also got rejected from their dream school, remember that they are not rejecting you, they are just rejecting your appliction. And one closed door = ten new ones that open !
They will not change their mind, move on.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by withlove.ym
Hi there !
I just got rejected from LSE (my dream school..) and they said in the rejection email that it was because I did not meet the minimum entry requirements for my course, which was 37-38 overall out of 45 (I'm doing the IB). Does this score includes the 3 extra credits that you can get from TOK and the EE ? I got predicted a 35 without the 3 extra credits , and I am quite confident in the fact that I can get all the 3 points, and have a total score of 38. Do you think that it would be usefull to send the uni a mail about it, or should I just accept my fate ??
Thanx in advance ^^
PS - To all the people that also got rejected from their dream school, remember that they are not rejecting you, they are just rejecting your appliction. And one closed door = ten new ones that open !

It depends how their offers are expressed. Try and check whether their IB offers include the bonus points from TOK and EE. If they do, it is worth getting your school to email and explain that the prediction did not include them and what they think you'll get out of 45 overall.

They may not change their mind but it is worth a go.
Reply 3
Original post by random_matt
They will not change their mind, move on.

ah..thank you for the advice !
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
It depends how their offers are expressed. Try and check whether their IB offers include the bonus points from TOK and EE. If they do, it is worth getting your school to email and explain that the prediction did not include them and what they think you'll get out of 45 overall.

They may not change their mind but it is worth a go.

Yes, I think I will try to send them an email. Thanks for the help !!
Yes, I think I will try to send them an email. Thanks for the help !!

No worries. Worst case they say no :smile:
Reply 6
Why didn’t you submit your whole IB score in the first place? Good luck but I doubt they will revert their decision unfortunately. You should inform other unis before they make their decisions though
Original post by aloexo
Why didn’t you submit your whole IB score in the first place? Good luck but I doubt they will revert their decision unfortunately. You should inform other unis before they make their decisions though

Some schools have a policy of not providng predictions for the bonus points. The thread starter doesn't have achieved grades yet so it's up to the school, not the applicant to enter them.
Hi there !
Thanx in advance ^^

What are your IB SLs and HLs? 😧 You should strive to aim for the 7s in HLs and top scores in SLs too. Because then you should definitely re-apply next year perhaps? Although if you've also applied to Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, KCL, SOAS, QMUL, RHUL and others you should gain at least one offer surely?
Reply 9
Original post by aloexo

Because I didn't have them by the time I applied, and some unis said that the grade requirements included TOK and EE so I thought that I would be okay... Thank you for the advice too !!
Reply 10
Original post by thegeek888
What are your IB SLs and HLs? 😧 You should strive to aim for the 7s in HLs and top scores in SLs too. Because then you should definitely re-apply next year perhaps? Although if you've also applied to Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, KCL, SOAS, QMUL, RHUL and others you should gain at least one offer surely?

I have HL : economics, french A lang and lit and english A lang and lit - and SL : biology, maths AA and history. I was predicted a 776 in HL...But it's okay, I got an offer from SOAS, and I applied to UCL and KCL too ! I won't reaply next year for sure. And I trust the universe and I trust God so I hope that I will end up in the best uni for me^^
I have HL : economics, french A lang and lit and english A lang and lit - and SL : biology, maths AA and history. I was predicted a 776 in HL...But it's okay, I got an offer from SOAS, and I applied to UCL and KCL too ! I won't reaply next year for sure. And I trust the universe and I trust God so I hope that I will end up in the best uni for me^^

SOAS is an excellent choice, and it is also a constituent College of University of London with a fantastic global worldwide reputation. 🙂
Reply 12
Original post by thegeek888
SOAS is an excellent choice, and it is also a constituent College of University of London with a fantastic global worldwide reputation. 🙂

ohh thanx for the info !

Hi Congratulations on your offer, I'm a final year undergraduate student at SOAS so if you have any questions about your course, campus or university life, I'd be happy to answer them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending