The Student Room Group

How much to revise for GCSE 2024 to get all 9s

I'm aiming for all 9s and I'm wondering how much I should revise to achieve it at this point in the year. This week I've revised about 5 hours everyday but I'm not aware if it's enough, especially since most of the time I'm creating resources so I'm not sure if it counts at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
5 hours everyday seems rather a lot especially at this point in the year. Obviously, it depends on your current grades and ability and only you know what you need but at that rate be careful not to burn out and peak too soon. I know it doesn't feel like they are too far away (I'm getting ready for A levels at the moment and it is reminding me of how worried I was leading up to GCSEs) but you still have plenty of time and the last thing you want is to be a nervous burnt-out wreck by the end of it. Hope this helps to alleviate any concerns at least - you are doing more than enough and need to make sure to look after yourself as well.
Quality is better than quantity. If you can revise well 3 hours per day it’ll be better than doing 6 hours where you can barely concentrate. The best thing is to work out a plan for what and how you want to revise so you can use the time you do revise well. That way, you can look after yourself at the same time. Even as a 4th year Cambridge student there are days where I’m just not feeling the work and don’t want to and can’t do it well, and other much more productive days. The best thing I’ve found is to go with the flow a bit and do what you can do on a particular day, and just use that time well.
Reply 3
Original post by ms_24
I'm aiming for all 9s and I'm wondering how much I should revise to achieve it at this point in the year. This week I've revised about 5 hours everyday but I'm not aware if it's enough, especially since most of the time I'm creating resources so I'm not sure if it counts at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was going through the same process as you a couple months back, Creating resources is very time consuming and takes alot of brain power so i suggest finishing all of these as soon as possible as after that going over it and actually learning it is much more crucial. So 5 hours a day to make notes and resources is good but ask yourself how much of that is actually going in my brain not on the paper and if you find that most of the time is purely copying information a easier method is to find less time consuming more fun ways to revise like online premade flashcards or blurting down answers to exam Q.
Reply 4
For all 9s, I always think a combination of working hard and smart is required. You need to look at your cohort and ask yourself if you’re working harder than 95% of them.

I would suggest 3 hours a day on school nights and 6 hours a day at weekends.

Quick Reply

Latest