The Student Room Group

Year 9 stressed about future options GCSEs

Hi, so im in year9 about to take my mid years, all my teachers say these are the exam that shapes our options and coming out of y8 science and maths with a 5 in science and a 3 in maths (did get caught cheating so hard marks reduced tbf) im pretty worried, teavhers say i have great potential to get straight 9s, but am wasting it. I dont want to drop down sets or get bad options, but the things we are learing in lessons like science or maths are too hard to remeber/ catchup on. Not really maths but 100% science, i dont want to do bad in options/exams. Is there anything I can do??
Reply 1
Original post by Death_Hallo
Hi, so im in year9 about to take my mid years, all my teachers say these are the exam that shapes our options and coming out of y8 science and maths with a 5 in science and a 3 in maths (did get caught cheating so hard marks reduced tbf) im pretty worried, teavhers say i have great potential to get straight 9s, but am wasting it. I dont want to drop down sets or get bad options, but the things we are learing in lessons like science or maths are too hard to remeber/ catchup on. Not really maths but 100% science, i dont want to do bad in options/exams. Is there anything I can do??

hi!
the main thing you'll want to do for such exams is to revise a lot, especially for science, as it is mainly content based. what I find helps me remember scientific content is getting a clear understanding of the concept.
I would recommend watching Cognito videos on YouTube, as the videos are very clear and concise.
I hope this is okay!
Reply 2
Because you are in year 9 most of or in fact all your exams (including unit tests and end of years) are from past papers. In order to kinda (cheat) just start going over these, even on the day of the exams it helps. If you’re unsure with any question in relation to the content use Physics & Maths Tutor. But honestly if you want to do sciences you just need to try to revise for like an hour before an exam.

Btw on physics and maths there are questions separated by topic, you should use those.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest