The Student Room Group

GCSE subjects

I'm confident in taking triple science as one of my options for GCSE and I don't know if that's a good idea or not, as it has taken one of my options away (I only get to choose 3 subjects) And I do not know wether to pick history or business and drama or food tech, cause I want atleast one creative subject. I'm worried that I will take a subject that I won't enjoy and won't benefit me in the future...what should I do? How do I decide?
Hi @Raranaz

I personally think doing triple science keeps your options open. However, it is very challenging, so you need to be interested in it.

It depends on what you want to study after your GCSEs and potentially what career you want to pursue. But in Year 9, it is very unlikely you'll be set on what you want to do in the future.

Despite triple science giving you a good foundation of skills, it is also important to consider what you will enjoy. Whatever you choose you will have to study for the next two years so enjoying the subject helps a lot and usually means you get a higher grade.

There is a lot to think about, so take your time and speak to the people around you!

Hope this is helpful:smile:

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest