The Student Room Group

Transferring universities and suspending studies

I would really like some insight if this has been done before.
I Have completed two years of undergraduate studies at university of Leicester. However I have not been happy at all my mental health has been poor and I do not like the way of teaching and assessment etc…also my family are moving to wales so I’d ideally like to transfer to Swansea so I’m close.
I chose Leicester out of panic on clearing and it was such a big regret.
I will probably achieve a 2:1/2:2 but I was wondering would I be able to transfer for my final year ? Is that considered ?

I also really want a break and then transfer so suspend my studies for a year then do my final year at a different uni - looking at Swansea.

Pls any advice any insight any experience has this been done before
Reply 1
@swanseajack1?

My guess is that you wont be able to transfer into the final year but may be able to transfer into second year. Which course are you taking?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
@swanseajack1?

My guess is that you wont be able to transfer into the final year but may be able to transfer into second year. Which course are you taking?

Ah okay 😭 Journalism
Original post by Unknown.101
I would really like some insight if this has been done before.
I Have completed two years of undergraduate studies at university of Leicester. However I have not been happy at all my mental health has been poor and I do not like the way of teaching and assessment etc…also my family are moving to wales so I’d ideally like to transfer to Swansea so I’m close.
I chose Leicester out of panic on clearing and it was such a big regret.
I will probably achieve a 2:1/2:2 but I was wondering would I be able to transfer for my final year ? Is that considered ?

I also really want a break and then transfer so suspend my studies for a year then do my final year at a different uni - looking at Swansea.

Pls any advice any insight any experience has this been done before

You need to contact the university only they can advise you on this. It isnt usual for a university to accept a transfer to a 3rd year but whether they will accept your medical reasons only they can tell you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending