The Student Room Group

GCSE revision timetable

Can someone help me create a revision timetable. How often should I be revising subjects I am getting a 9 in vs English lit and Lang (6 in both at most)? Also I'm like borderline 8/ nearly 9 for German AQA, I think if I try very very hard I can get that 9. Any tips for how I can revise every day to get 9 in german?
Original post by curly_fries
Can someone help me create a revision timetable. How often should I be revising subjects I am getting a 9 in vs English lit and Lang (6 in both at most)? Also I'm like borderline 8/ nearly 9 for German AQA, I think if I try very very hard I can get that 9. Any tips for how I can revise every day to get 9 in german?

Hi @curly_fries
Great grades so far!

When I was revsiting for my German GCSE, I found little and often best. I would maybe go over 2-3 Quizlet sets on vocab in 20 mins, then go about my day. Then have a go at some reading comprehension for half an hour later on. Maybe watch the 60 second German news update online. Basically trying to fit in chunks of revision to keep my mind constantly dipping into revision. I also found my grades moved up into the higher category when I was practicing for my speaking exam. I tried to speak with other classmates, or even by myself and looked at past exam questions. I would write out full answers too so that my writing skills were also being tested.

As for a general revision timetable, try to plan in focused revision sessions, maybe shorter in time limit. It's no good to say you'll revise all day Saturday for 6 hours when in reality you'll be distracted most of the time, and get bored in the first hour. If you spread out dedicated - phone free - revision throighout your week, like an hour after school, a couple of 30 minute bursts on a Saturday, you'll most likely feel more prodictive as you'll be completing focussed revision.

And try to plan some fun things to do in your week too - even just watching a movie one night - so you have some revision free time planned in too!

Best of luck with your revision!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest