The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL biology unit 1 Jan 2024

How did everyone find the Edexcel IAL Jan 2024 unit 1 paper ? What did everyone put for the lipid nano particle question?
Original post by Orange peel
How did everyone find the Edexcel IAL Jan 2024 unit 1 paper ? What did everyone put for the lipid nano particle question?

I dont remember. But is there any other questions you remeber please let me know
Reply 2
Original post by Jarah altuwailea
I dont remember. But is there any other questions you remeber please let me know

There was the last six marker about the three graphs and cholesterol
Original post by Jarah altuwailea

There was a question on the haemoglobin where the it was the fill in the blanks then the degenerate code and non overlapping and tiller codon definitions with examples there was a question on amylase in saliva breaking down amylose and how that aids weight loss when not broken down there was a question on bacteria being replicated and saying why it aids weight loss because of a positive correlation there was a question on cystic fibrosis how the mutation in the cftr causes reduced gas exchange
Reply 4
Original post by Funnybunny72
There was a question on the haemoglobin where the it was the fill in the blanks then the degenerate code and non overlapping and tiller codon definitions with examples there was a question on amylase in saliva breaking down amylose and how that aids weight loss when not broken down there was a question on bacteria being replicated and saying why it aids weight loss because of a positive correlation there was a question on cystic fibrosis how the mutation in the cftr causes reduced gas exchange

Can u answer the investigation qn how did u do it and what did u get for the liquid calculation thing
Reply 5

how did u answer the investigation qn
Original post by Jahaan
Can u answer the investigation qn how did u do it and what did u get for the liquid calculation thing

Not sure was i got for the calculation kinda waffled in that but the investigation I wrote about using a large group of people so it’s repeatable and giving each group the same concentrations of drug A as a control and making sure they have the same diet and age as a control as well I said to split the groups in two to allow comparisons to be made and I then said the symptoms should be monitored over a period of time I also added a little on how inhaling the salt may help reduce symptoms.
What did u wrote for the 6 marker on the graphs
Reply 8
Not sure was i got for the calculation kinda waffled in that but the investigation I wrote about using a large group of people so it’s repeatable and giving each group the same concentrations of drug A as a control and making sure they have the same diet and age as a control as well I said to split the groups in two to allow comparisons to be made and I then said the symptoms should be monitored over a period of time I also added a little on how inhaling the salt may help reduce symptoms.

Same but I said give them the same concern try action of salt solution instead of drug A
Reply 9
Original post by Orange peel
Same but I said give them the same concern try action of salt solution instead of drug A

i answered the 6 mark investigation question using CORMMS and added details at the end such as the use of a control group
Reply 10
how do u guys think the grade boundaries for this jan session will be like cuz i might be wrong but i heard that jan grade boundaries are usually lower than may/june grade boundaries
Original post by plutoss07
how do u guys think the grade boundaries for this jan session will be like cuz i might be wrong but i heard that jan grade boundaries are usually lower than may/june grade boundaries

Honestly they will be low I think since a lot of people had mixed feeling about the paper also does anyone know about how bacteria replicating aided weightloss
Reply 12
Honestly they will be low I think since a lot of people had mixed feeling about the paper also does anyone know about how bacteria replicating aided weightloss

I feel like they’ll be higher than last year Jan cuz our paper was easier. That question was soooo weird but I put that in replication DNA polymerase uses ATP so more energy output or sum
Can someone please tell me if this is correct for the last six marker I wrote about the percentages of the graph about both groups I wrote about how saturated and unsaturated fats can increase the chance of atherosclerosis and atheroma and cornonay artery being blocked is this right and can reduce the risk of getting them
Reply 14
Can someone please tell me if this is correct for the last six marker I wrote about the percentages of the graph about both groups I wrote about how saturated and unsaturated fats can increase the chance of atherosclerosis and atheroma and cornonay artery being blocked is this right and can reduce the risk of getting them

Does anyone remember the amylase qn
Reply 15
Original post by Farida Amr 333
Does anyone remember what was the last question

Smth about the ethical issue

Can someone pls answer this
How was unit 2??

Quick Reply

Latest