The Student Room Group

is it over for me? can i still do medicine at oxford?

please be honest is it over for me

my GCSE grades were: 33344569
predicted grades: BDD
mock results: AEE

is it possible to get A*AA in the next two months (i am taking my A-Levels early)

it is my dream to study medicine please give me advice i am crying as i type this
mate be fr
Original post by signup-gui-hater

is it possible to get A*AA in the next two months (i am taking my A-Levels early)

it is my dream to study medicine please give me advice i am crying as i type this

get on that quizlet gridnset bro 💪💪🔥🔥

it's over
Reply 4

Your GCSEs will rule you out for Oxford. Look for a course that doesn't score GCSEs.

What grade did you get for English? Maths?
Reply 5
You will never get into Oxford. I know people who got all 9’s in GCSE and 3A*’s with lots of extra curricular activities that have been rejected from Oxford. It’s very competitive so don’t bother. You are also choosing to study medicine which is also very competitive. Getting into a competitive course at a competitive university is almost impossible with your grades
Since Oxford shortlists for medicine on the basis of GCSEs, no it's not realistic. You should aim for medical schools that don't score GCSEs (e.g. UCL, Imperial) after achieving appropriate grades to apply in the coming application cycle. Do also check that you meet any minimum GCSE requirements e.g. maths or English language, as these are usually "hard" requirements and you would be automatically rejected if you don't meet them.
Reply 7
It’s possible, just learn how to hack into admissions systems and offer yourself a place without any suspicions arising and you’re golden
Reply 8

just play pro Fortnite
Original post by Dummy_1234
just play pro Fortnite

will definitely consider this, although i'm only bronze 2 and play exclusively zero builds, with enough tenacity i believe i can make it to at least Ninja level in 3 to 5 business days
Original post by wjg05
It’s possible, just learn how to hack into admissions systems and offer yourself a place without any suspicions arising and you’re golden

locking in to the pentagon right now, I'll take my queries straight to the top
Original post by Muttley79
Your GCSEs will rule you out for Oxford. Look for a course that doesn't score GCSEs.

What grade did you get for English? Maths?

I did not take an English or Maths GCSE due to medical reasons. I did, however, get a 9 in food tech.
Original post by raspberryrat
it's over

I believe, on the contrary, in my honest opinion, it is not, in fact, over, for a multitude of reasons I will not disclose due to possible government intervention. This thread has breathed new life into my once hopeless soul. You dare question the words of reputable scholars such as 'wjg05' and 'Dummy_1234'? Blasphemy.
Reply 13

It's so over -- luckily not for your looks though. You still mog Oxford 😎

aint no way

have you applied for uni? if so, what other unis did you apply to?

Imma be real with you, unless you had special concideration for ur gcses, ur not getting into oxford, that alone throws you off. and then your a levels are gonna throw you off too so i dont think so, try get into somewhere more lowkey because at the end of the day your getting the same degree just at a lower uni
yes with that singular 9 they’d be stupid not to consider you 🙏🔥

Honestly I don't think you could get into Oxford. I sound rude but your GCSE grades aren't as exceptional and your predicted grades don't seem to be on their requirements.
However there are other universities (even russell group) that might accept your predicted grades with the condition you achieve better in your final exams.
You sound like you're really determined so please don't be discouraged! I'm sure you can improve drastically if you really put in the work!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending