The Student Room Group

Not enough time to revise

I have my first set of GCSE mocks in february, after the half term, and i really want to take them seriously so I can see where i need to improve for the summer, but i just cannot find the time to revise.

My year10 mocks i just crammed everything in like a week before but there's so much content so i've realised that's not the best option. I get home from school around 5:30-6 and i start h/w at 7:30, when im done by like 11, i'm exhausted but i do try and push myself meaning i go to bed quite late.

I would try revising in the morning but i leave the house by 6:50 so i get up at 6 to get ready meaning i would have to wake up at 5, which just isn't feasible at all right now. I'm just can't balance homework, all the tests i have for content we are still learning and reteaching myself material from lessons which i just don't understand because some of my teacher's aren't great.

Please help me !!!!!!!
Reply 1
Try this - Revising last minute is very ineffective (But im guilty of it in the past). Instead try revising throughout the year. After a topic has ended, or mid way through, go back through what you have revised. Start by looking at what you know. Prioritize what you don't remember. Keep up revision through the year, so when the mocks come, you have been revising every week on topics you didn't get or remember. Seneca is a great free platform for this, and even comes as an app!

Quick Reply

Latest