The Student Room Group

cgp complete revision and practice all you need?

For the sciences mainly are the CGP complete revision and practice books enough for a grade 9, I did questions on pmt but for subjects such as bio and physics there are so many that I can’t do all of them so if I get these books and memorise the content is that enough for a grade 9 in each science if not is pmt necessary?
If I Memorise the content and do all the practice questions I mean in the cgp complete revision and practice book can I get a 9
(edited 8 months ago)
I'd say understanding the content and being able to apply it is really important. Practice exam Qs and past papers are really good ways of monitoring how well you can do this.
Is the cgp complete revision and practice enough for a 9? If I do all the questions and learn the content or do I need to also use pmt
Original post by kaorimiyazono
I'd say understanding the content and being able to apply it is really important. Practice exam Qs and past papers are really good ways of monitoring how well you can do this.
Original post by Myaccount61616
Is the cgp complete revision and practice enough for a 9? If I do all the questions and learn the content or do I need to also use pmt

Well, you need to be able to apply the content you learn to an exam situation. This comes easily for some people while others struggle a lot with it which is why it wouldn't hurt to monitor your exam technique using timed exam Qs/past papers. So it really depends on you and how easy you find the subject.

For me, bio/chem/RE/music/french were rly easy so all I did was use the cpg guides and did a couple of past papers the week of the exams and I got 9s. On the other hand, I rly struggled with maths so my revision had to be more effective than that. I went from 5s to an 8 using the following method:

1. Past paper - mark and identify the topics I struggled with the most.
2. Ask my dad or a teacher for help on those topics or use youtube for explanations.
3. Exam Qs and practice problems on those topics.
4. Repeat.

This is also the revision method I used for chemistry and biology A-Level and I got A*s.

So it depends on a) how easy the content is for you and how naturally good you are at exam technique, b) how much time you have/are willing to use to revise, and c) what subject it is.
Thankyou I appreciate it, did you do topic questions or not?

Quick Reply

Latest