The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial maths 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous #7
MATb wasn’t declared compulsory so they should not rule against him on those grounds alone. 73 is a respectable score
Thank you. What are the other things that they take into account apart from MAT? He has 4 predicted A*s and a decent personal statement.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Reshjac
Thank you. What are the other things that they take into account apart from MAT? He has 4 predicted A*s and a decent personal statement.

Note the teacher reference as well, then predictions, MAT score and PS are the 4 main things probably.
Reply 42
Original post by Jam.123
Note the teacher reference as well, then predictions, MAT score and PS are the 4 main things probably.
Ok...hmm.. he is not really happy with his MAT score( 73) and thinks it might not be good enough. Let us see..
Thank you for all the help.
Original post by Reshjac
Ok...hmm.. he is not really happy with his MAT score( 73) and thinks it might not be good enough. Let us see..
Thank you for all the help.
73 is definitely good enough. I hold a tracker for imperial offer holders and the lowest admission score I've seen has been TWO applicants with 50 MATa, 9 MATb get a G100 Imperial Maths offer. Lowest non-MATb offer holder was 56 MATa.
Reshjac
Did you get an email about the open day (offer holder day?) from Imperial while waiting for offer?
FYI: just got a standard offer (A*A*AA, no STEP) with 63/100 for MATa and 8/10 for MATb. To all those still waiting for news: don't despair :-)
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous #12
Reshjac
Did you get an email about the open day (offer holder day?) from Imperial while waiting for offer?
Yes, he did
Reply 47
Ohh well done. So happy for you.
Nothing this side... I am worried that doing Mat b has done it for him
After registering interest for the open day, are we supposed to have heard anything back? I registered interest on Wednesday last week and am not sure whether we just turn up.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Yes me too. I got 65/100 and didn’t do the second one. I got it on 29th Feb as well. Did you get conditional of 3 a stars too? I didn’t even know unis did that *
No cuz I do four a levels they gave me A*A*AA
Original post by Anonymous #9
I got 78 on MAT and still have not received a decision. (An international applicant)
I haven't either, but how to know MAT score ? did you get email
Original post by chase223

I asked Oxford after getting a rejection from them.
Updated list with new entry: 52 MAT 9 EMAT got G100 maths imperial offer with no STEP, 42 IB (3A*A) predicted, 40 IB (2A*AA equivalent) offer + non contextual international
Reply 53
Original post by chase223

Warwick and Bath gave it back to my son around Jan and Feb
Original post by Reshjac
Warwick and Bath gave it back to my son around Jan and Feb

Did Bath send you the MAT score automatically or you asked for the grade?
Reply 55
Original post by Anonymous #1
Did Bath send you the MAT score automatically or you asked for the grade?

Think he did ask. Will let you know if it is otherwise.
Reply 56
Son got offer yesterday. A*A*AA with MAT 73, no MAT b.

Thank you for all the help and reassurance.
There is still hope... hang in there..
Still no offer or rejection, not sure how long to wait. I have US offers from UCLA and CMU but still waiting on imperial.
Original post by Anonymous #13
Still no offer or rejection, not sure how long to wait. I have US offers from UCLA and CMU but still waiting on imperial.

Now it do not matter I receive an offer or not from imperial. I will firm the offer to carnegie mellon ... It was pleasure to meet you all and good luck on your journey.
Original post by Anonymous #13
Now it do not matter I receive an offer or not from imperial. I will firm the offer to carnegie mellon ... It was pleasure to meet you all and good luck on your journey.

Anyone in CMU can do a second CS degree. That's a big plus. Downside is that the fee there is too high for UK applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending