The Student Room Group

Further Margs

Where can I do Mechanical Engineering without Further Maths in UK
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by AquaEnigma

Most universities? Check out entry requirements for mechanical engineering at various universities that are inline with your current or expected grades. Typically for mechanical engineering you need maths and physics, with further maths being useful - and possibly a de facto requirement at the very high end, like Oxbridge and Imperial - but not a necessity. I haven't looked at this data for years now, but last time I checked the majority of entrants to engineering at undergrad did not have further maths.
Original post by AquaEnigma

Hi @AquaEnigma,

There are many universities in the UK that offer Mechanical Engineering without needing Further Maths, its usually stated in the entry requirements of the university course if it is a requirement.

To do Mechanical Engineering here at Lancaster University, the A level entry requirement is Mathematics and a Physical Science, such as Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, D&T or Further Mathematics.
For more information on the entry requirements: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/mechanical-engineering-beng-hons-h300/2024/#course-entry

Izzy
(LU Engineering Stuudent Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest