The Student Room Group

A Level exam clashes

Hi! I know this is early but with final exam timetables for A Level released I've noticed I have 3 exams on one day that clash. On the 20th May I have AQA Environmental Science in the morning for 3 hours, which clashes with Edexcel English Language in the morning that's an hour and a half. I then have OCR Classical Civilisations in the afternoon for 2 hours and half. If I'm right this is a total of 7 hours so even if there is a way to rearrange an exam for later on in the day surely this would be too many hours of exams in one day? I know usually with clashes they rearrange one for a different time in the day and you are left under supervision. I'm not sure what would happen if an exam has to be rearranged for a day before/after? I don't attend a boarding school.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm not too sure who to ask in college and I'm worried they'd just brush me off at the moment as exams are still a little while away lol
Reply 1
Happened to me last year, you'll be kept in a room all day under supervision and will be made to do one test, then have a half an hour break just sitting in the room, then do the other test, then have another half an hour break and do the final test. You'll have to stay after school but they give you an extra 3% or something I don't quite remember
Original post by Nash2404
Happened to me last year, you'll be kept in a room all day under supervision and will be made to do one test, then have a half an hour break just sitting in the room, then do the other test, then have another half an hour break and do the final test. You'll have to stay after school but they give you an extra 3% or something I don't quite remember

Can you choose which exams you want to take first or do they choose the order for you
Reply 3
Original post by ucl.law.student
Can you choose which exams you want to take first or do they choose the order for you

no you don't get a choice, they'll make you sit the exams with the most people doing it first e.g. if you take maths and philosophy at the same time they'll make you take maths first because more people take it

Quick Reply

Latest