The Student Room Group

Homeschooling for my daughter

Hi,
We are considering taking our child out of mainstream school. She is currently waiting for a diagnosis of Autism and ADHD. She is in year 10 and the school environment is not helping her at all, in fact its hurting her. I had a meeting with the school today, and they are receptive to her being removed from school. Whilst i am willing to home school her, i have no idea where i need to start. I have a pretty good grasp of most subjects she needs to be learning, and i myself am currently doing a degree in health science from home, so we would work together.
I just need a jumping off point, or a site i can go to that will give me all the little check boxes i need to do to put this in place for her. She is about to sit her gcse's (May next year) so we would like to start the home schooling from the start of the next term (around the 19th Feb)
Any advice or links or anything would be really appreciated.
If you're interested in online schools there are a few like kings interhigh I think it's quite expensive though
Reply 2
Original post by Sleeptokengirl
Hi,
We are considering taking our child out of mainstream school. She is currently waiting for a diagnosis of Autism and ADHD. She is in year 10 and the school environment is not helping her at all, in fact its hurting her. I had a meeting with the school today, and they are receptive to her being removed from school. Whilst i am willing to home school her, i have no idea where i need to start. I have a pretty good grasp of most subjects she needs to be learning, and i myself am currently doing a degree in health science from home, so we would work together.
I just need a jumping off point, or a site i can go to that will give me all the little check boxes i need to do to put this in place for her. She is about to sit her gcse's (May next year) so we would like to start the home schooling from the start of the next term (around the 19th Feb)
Any advice or links or anything would be really appreciated.

Will her current school help at all?

Find out the exam boards she's doing and which options within those. Any with coursework will need to be dropped or look at whether there's an iGCSE alternative. There's a poster on here who has homeschooled - I'll try and remember their username.
Reply 3
Hi
I'm autistic and school was the wrong environment for me and brought lots more challenges than help. I think it is amazing that you are doing this to support your daughter.

Quick Reply

Latest