The Student Room Group

gcses homeschooled/ messed up paper 1

i’m doing my gcses as a private candidate as i’m homeschooled due to my many health problems, my whole curriculum is based on cgp books which i find helpful compared to other books. for example if i do badly in for example combined science or maths paper 1 can i make up for that grade 5 or grade 6 in the other papers even if i mess up on the first paper.
So you're home educated.

If you do poorly on your first paper of a subject, but very well on the second, you can probably still scrape a pass yes. A grade 4 perhaps. If your first paper is absolutely atrocious then expecting a 5 or 6 overall is a bit ambitious, but a 4 is a possibility.

Bear in mind that CGP books don't always cover absolutely everything. There were some things on my daughter's Biology exam a couple of years ago that weren't in the CGP book.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
So you're home educated.

If you do poorly on your first paper of a subject, but very well on the second, you can probably still scrape a pass yes. A grade 4 perhaps. If your first paper is absolutely atrocious then expecting a 5 or 6 overall is a bit ambitious, but a 4 is a possibility.

Bear in mind that CGP books don't always cover absolutely everything. There were some things on my daughter's Biology exam a couple of years ago that weren't in the CGP book.

oh okay thank you so much :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest