The Student Room Group

A Levels and homeschooling

I homeschool and have been doing GCSEs for a year or so. I'm starting to think about A levels more. I would like to do History, but that requires coursework and I've been having difficulty finding a way of doing that homeschooling. (To make it harder I live in Scotland.)
If anyone who's homeschooled a levels has any suggestions I'd be very grateful. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by DiscipulaLatini
I homeschool and have been doing GCSEs for a year or so. I'm starting to think about A levels more. I would like to do History, but that requires coursework and I've been having difficulty finding a way of doing that homeschooling. (To make it harder I live in Scotland.)
If anyone who's homeschooled a levels has any suggestions I'd be very grateful. Thank you!

I'd definitely recommend checking out the Edexcel International A-levels. I have attached the spec here, and while I didn't do History myself it has no mention of coursework and might be worth considering? The textbooks can be more expensive, but if it allows you to continue it might be worth looking at it. The International Specifications are exceedingly useful for home-schooled students as they often have no coursework, so you have fully exam-based assessments. There are also variations for other subjects, but obviously aren't necessary for those that don't have coursework (and I wouldn't recommend it anyway). The International A-levels are accepted by universities and organizations just as much - they are directly equivalent to normal A-levels, so nothing to worry about there.

I hope that helps? Please let me know if you have any questions (homeschooled myself), and best of luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest