The Student Room Group

How I get an A in A-level Economics

Use your extract!!! The way to get an A is to use your extract and remember the knowledge, i.e., definitions, graphs, etc. I've known people who focus on techniques more than knowledge and still got an A. For me, I practice using the daily mail and writing out definitions and graphs that I think are relevant just to get used to it (Speed and quality). Another way is to practice writing chain of analysis, E.g., Increase in interest rate -> higher cost of borrowing -> reduction in consumption and investment (AD) -> decrease in the price level (ceteris paribus) -> reduction in inflation. It needs to be bam bam bam. No time-wasting waffle.

Second, bring at least 5 different color highlighters. Read the questions first and highlight the keywords, then move on to the extracts to highlight points for your application and analysis marks. I hope all of you have time to finish the papers. However, even if you don't, and you got the techniques right, you will still get a decent mark.

Lastly, watch EconplusDal, the absolute king of Economics. Last year, his prediction on paper 1 was enough to get him investigated, absolute god. However, I wouldn't recommend 100% believing in it just like any fortune telling. One way to do it yourself is to think of any incident that could have 2 to 3 extracts talked about it and think about it.

Good luck on your exams

Quick Reply

Latest