The Student Room Group

GCSE history and eng lit help pleaseeeee

Does anyone have any advice on how to do revision on these two subjects? For history, apart from memorising the content, are there any exam techniques to help improve the quality of the essays? And for eng lit, I just have no idea what to do 😭😭😭
Reply 1
Original post by sw__
Does anyone have any advice on how to do revision on these two subjects? For history, apart from memorising the content, are there any exam techniques to help improve the quality of the essays? And for eng lit, I just have no idea what to do 😭😭😭

For English Literature, I recommend familiarising yourself with the poems/plays/texts and using flashcards in order to learn quotations. Remember to also learn annotations. If you are having a difficult time remembering quotes, then I suggest using post it notes and placing them around your room or places you often go to throughout the day. Also practice answering questions, it may be exhausting and somewhat intimidating but in the long run it’ll be extremely useful. If you are struggling to find any perhaps physics and maths tutor will have some or past papers although it depends on your exam boards so could be a bit difficult to find at times so possibly your teachers could give you some.
I won’t be much help for history but I’m currently getting 8s and 9s in both English Literature and Language.
Reply 2
Original post by IBella09
For English Literature, I recommend familiarising yourself with the poems/plays/texts and using flashcards in order to learn quotations. Remember to also learn annotations. If you are having a difficult time remembering quotes, then I suggest using post it notes and placing them around your room or places you often go to throughout the day. Also practice answering questions, it may be exhausting and somewhat intimidating but in the long run it’ll be extremely useful. If you are struggling to find any perhaps physics and maths tutor will have some or past papers although it depends on your exam boards so could be a bit difficult to find at times so possibly your teachers could give you some.
I won’t be much help for history but I’m currently getting 8s and 9s in both English Literature and Language.

Thank you. May I ask which exam board you are doing? Also do you have any advice on how to do poem or texts comparison and how to structure the essays bc I have no idea how to do them.🥹

Quick Reply

Latest