The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Life changing uni career advice needed ??

So I've applied for a standard business and marketing degree over a fashion degree. I know my very passionate about both and I have weaknesses in both areas no other subjects really interest me other than creative direction or media but i dont feel like theyre subjecta i want to study at undergraduate level .

I thought I'd take a careers test through uel as the ucas on wasn't that great. I keep over thinking I know can't base my life of a online test . But it's been a almost a year of over thinking the think and I know I would most likely choose fashion if there were more opportunities and it paid alittle bit better. I don't want to be a standard manager maybe a product or brand manager. I love that marketing is creative .

If I were to do a fashion based degree at ma would I be better with a fashion design, a fashion business , a fashion buying and merchandising degree .

My dream career would be to have my own fashion label which is placed in various stores as well as my own but I also want to be involved in the designing process and the fashion direction processs when starting out. I really need to know how to find a manufacturer as it would unrealistic and time consuming to make my own clothes to sell.
I just need something which gives me well rounded knowledge and skills even if it means doing an ma and some short courses . I don't know where to start and I don't know if I'm making a mistake going for a marketing and business degree.
Reply 1
I've researched various people who are new to the fashion industry.
I understand everyone has different stories in to how to started out
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
So I've applied for a standard business and marketing degree over a fashion degree. I know my very passionate about both and I have weaknesses in both areas no other subjects really interest me other than creative direction or media but i dont feel like theyre subjecta i want to study at undergraduate level .

I thought I'd take a careers test through uel as the ucas on wasn't that great. I keep over thinking I know can't base my life of a online test . But it's been a almost a year of over thinking the think and I know I would most likely choose fashion if there were more opportunities and it paid alittle bit better. I don't want to be a standard manager maybe a product or brand manager. I love that marketing is creative .

If I were to do a fashion based degree at ma would I be better with a fashion design, a fashion business , a fashion buying and merchandising degree .

My dream career would be to have my own fashion label which is placed in various stores as well as my own but I also want to be involved in the designing process and the fashion direction processs when starting out. I really need to know how to find a manufacturer as it would unrealistic and time consuming to make my own clothes to sell.
I just need something which gives me well rounded knowledge and skills even if it means doing an ma and some short courses . I don't know where to start and I don't know if I'm making a mistake going for a marketing and business degree.

How about studying Fashion Design with Business /Marketing?

For example:
University of Derby has "Fashion Design and Marekting"
Liverpool Hope University: "Contemporary Fashion Design and Marketing"

Many other Universities have "Fashion Marketing" so you will learn bit of both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending