The Student Room Group

Change University

I am struggling a lot in my course and that's not because I don't like the subject, it's just because I do a course that I have come to realise might not be do able for me and it doesn't fit in my already busy life. I want some advice on how I can go about changing universities and transfering to possibly another science course as I am just so unhappy with my course and every piece of homework I am struggling with a lot. So I just want some advice as I definitely don't think I can do 4-5 years of this subject. It's not for me anymore.
Original post by Anonymous
I am struggling a lot in my course and that's not because I don't like the subject, it's just because I do a course that I have come to realise might not be do able for me and it doesn't fit in my already busy life. I want some advice on how I can go about changing universities and transfering to possibly another science course as I am just so unhappy with my course and every piece of homework I am struggling with a lot. So I just want some advice as I definitely don't think I can do 4-5 years of this subject. It's not for me anymore.

You've asked for advice as to "how I can go about changing universities and transfering to possibly another science". However, you haven't said what university you're at, what university you're looking to transfer to, what subject you're studying now, what subject you're hoping to study, why you think a new course at a new university would be more likely to "fit in my already busy life", what year you're in, what year you'd like to transfer to, whether you're studying full-time or part-time, whether you're studying in person or on-line, whether it's an undergraduate or postgraduate course, and whether you're in a position to relocate to attend an alternate university.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You've asked for advice as to "how I can go about changing universities and transfering to possibly another science". However, you haven't said what university you're at, what university you're looking to transfer to, what subject you're studying now, what subject you're hoping to study, why you think a new course at a new university would be more likely to "fit in my already busy life", what year you're in, what year you'd like to transfer to, whether you're studying full-time or part-time, whether you're studying in person or on-line, whether it's an undergraduate or postgraduate course, and whether you're in a position to relocate to attend an alternate university.

I am currently doing Biomed and want to change to Paramedic Science or go into teaching but not sure yet. I won't be going to a university I have decided to do it online and work alongside it because I actually don't like the university Life but still want the qualifications. I don't think you need to know where I am currently studying but it is a good uni, I just don't like the subject and I can't cope with it. I was wanting to be a doctor BUT the stress, the long studying hours, the Ucat, Bmat and so on is something my mind can't cope with, so I am changing career options for me and my mental health.
Original post by Anonymous
I am currently doing Biomed and want to change to Paramedic Science or go into teaching but not sure yet. I won't be going to a university I have decided to do it online and work alongside it because I actually don't like the university Life but still want the qualifications. I don't think you need to know where I am currently studying but it is a good uni, I just don't like the subject and I can't cope with it. I was wanting to be a doctor BUT the stress, the long studying hours, the Ucat, Bmat and so on is something my mind can't cope with, so I am changing career options for me and my mental health.

Hi,

I have not studied Biomed or Paramedic Science but it seems like you are making the correct choice for you and your mental health. This is very important especially if you are studying your degree for a few years. I wish you all the best with it.

Do you have a support system in place to support you with the transition? Academic and pastoral support is important to help especially as you seem to have other commitments outside of university.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending