The Student Room Group

Manchester Colleges

Heyyyyy
Ok so basically I’m going college this year
And I’m stressed cus I have no clue what to do. I want to do biology psychology and textiles cus I enjoy them. The colleges I’m thinking about are Xavarian and Clarendon
Xavarian is an hour away from me and idk if I can do that everyday 😭 but I really wanna go there as I feel I would fit in better and make more friends and the college looks like a nice environment
Clarendon is much closer half an hour but I feel if I go there there won’t be many chances to make friends it feels like a small college and it looks a bit boring so it’s kinda putting me off.
If u go to Clarendon or Xaverian can u pls tell me ur experience

Also one last question. Entry requirements for xavarian for biology is 6 but I do foundation because my school is refusing to move me up even though I had my academic comeback because it’s too late so all I can get is a 5 do I have a chance many around me have gotten their letters and emails I haven’t yet lol 😭
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by luvssstayy
Heyyyyy
And I’m stressed cus I have no clue what to do. I want to do biology psychology and textiles cus I enjoy them. The colleges I’m thinking about are Xavarian and Clarendon
Xavarian is an hour away from me and idk if I can do that everyday 😭 but I really wanna go there as I feel I would fit in better and make more friends and the college looks like a nice environment
Clarendon is much closer half an hour but I feel if I go there there won’t be many chances to make friends it feels like a small college and it looks a bit boring so it’s kinda putting me off.

Also one last question. Entry requirements for xavarian for biology is 6 but I do foundation because my school is refusing to move me up even though I had my academic comeback because it’s too late so all I can get is a 5 do I have a chance many around me have gotten their letters and emails I haven’t yet lol 😭

bestie it's never too late you've still got months to improve your grades. I don't go to xavarian, but know some people that go there, say it's nice and that they've made friends. That's still an opinion though.
I would recommend contacting someone at Xavarian and speaking to them about the entry requirements. If you've been doing foundation papers then that means you need to go over higher topics as well. You also have to think about whether you could manage travelling to and from school for an hour everyday.
Reply 3
Original post by rysua
Original post by luvssstayy
Heyyyyy

bestie it's never too late you've still got months to improve your grades. I don't go to xavarian, but know some people that go there, say it's nice and that they've made friends. That's still an opinion though.
I would recommend contacting someone at Xavarian and speaking to them about the entry requirements. If you've been doing foundation papers then that means you need to go over higher topics as well. You also have to think about whether you could manage travelling to and from school for an hour everyday.

Thankuuu I’ve decided that I can’t handle an hour everyday I want to have time for myself so I might just go Clarendon since it’s more suitable plus I got a offer there but haven’t heard for xavarian yet so probably didn’t even get it lol 😭

Quick Reply

Latest