The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol law put on hold

Just had an email from bris saying my application has been put on hold. I looked at the guidance for what this means & it mentions that it means you’ve met the entry requirement; this may be a stupid question lol but does that mean both my LNAT and predicted grades have met what they want or just my predicted grades?
Reply 1
It means they have not made a decision yet. I got an offer 4 days after getting the on hold email so the decision can really come anytime. It means pretty much nothing, just that you're not an auto rejection (though if you meet the entry requirements and your personal statement isn't absolutely awful that is rather expected). As for LNAT, I don't really know. There apparently have been some people with LNAT below average who got offers last year so I don't think they auto reject based on LNAT alone.

Most uni admissions operate the same, but for some reason Bristol sends that email. They rank you in terms of your grades and LNAT performance against other candidates and slowly release offers/rejections depending on that. If you applied around the equal consideration deadline, this is likely to take a little longer as they have more applications to asses.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by aloexo
It means they have not made a decision yet. I got an offer 4 days after getting the on hold email so the decision can really come anytime. It means pretty much nothing, just that you're not an auto rejection (though if you meet the entry requirements and your personal statement isn't absolutely awful that is rather expected). As for LNAT, I don't really know. There apparently have been some people with LNAT below average who got offers last year so I don't think they auto reject based on LNAT alone.

Most uni admissions operate the same, but for some reason Bristol sends that email. They rank you in terms of your grades and LNAT performance against other candidates and slowly release offers/rejections depending on that. If you applied around the equal consideration deadline, this is likely to take a little longer as they have more applications to asses.

Thank you! : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending