The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol haven’t put me on hold ? 2024

I applied for law at Bristol in early 2024 and have since then seen that lots of other applicants have been put on hold, I haven’t. Is this something I should be worried about ?
Nope. It doesn't really mean anything. They may not even have looked at your application yet, (even if people who applied later have been held).
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Nope imo it means absolutely nothing
Reply 3
Have you taken LNAT yet?
If so, do Bristol have your LNAT id so that they can access your scores?
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Have you taken LNAT yet?
If so, do Bristol have your LNAT id so that they can access your scores?

Yes I took it comfortably before the deadline, and have checked that they can access my result through the LNAT hub
Original post by wien,wien
what does putting on hold mean?

Nothing in most cases. It’s just a courtesy to let you know that you’re still under consideration, (and not to chase them!).

In reality, many applications are held for a bunch of reasons, they just don’t bother to tell you about it. Other unis have info on their website to reassure you that being held is a normal part of their process.
Reply 6
Original post by wien,wien
what does putting on hold mean?

Read this - Application decisions | Study at Bristol | University of Bristol
Reply 7
Original post by ellelelehehehe
Original post by Student4684
No 😂
From what I’ve read I think it might mean my application sits somewhere in the middle of the pool. Hoping LNAT results in a few weeks time will shed some light.

I’m in the same position too. I’ve emailed to ask them regarding the progress of my application as it has been over 8 weeks but I’ve yet to hear a reply. I would say my grades are relatively good so I’m just worried I’ve flunked my LNAT so much so that I’m at the bottom of the pile and they just haven’t gotten to my application yet.

They’re terrible with their replies. I got the wrong fee status and they haven’t replied since 2 months ago 😭
Reply 8
Just got out on hold. Don’t know whether it’s a consequence of me emailing them or not

oh wow! i'm in the same position - sat for my LNAT on the 20th of nov and no news til now. was it over 8 weeks since you submitted your application or your LNAT? not sure if i should email them and ask
Original post by matchamoos
oh wow! i'm in the same position - sat for my LNAT on the 20th of nov and no news til now. was it over 8 weeks since you submitted your application or your LNAT? not sure if i should email them and ask

Yes same! I say my LNAT around that date too. It had been around 10 weeks since I did my LNAT - submitted my application a little earlier? They emailed me about half an hour ago to put me on hold. I don’t know whether it’s good news / bad news
Yes same! I say my LNAT around that date too. It had been around 10 weeks since I did my LNAT - submitted my application a little earlier? They emailed me about half an hour ago to put me on hold. I don’t know whether it’s good news / bad news

i see! well some progress is better than none hehe, and i'm sure it's a good sign! thanks for your reply, i'll write to them now. it's so nerve-wracking as i don't know whether them not getting back to me means that i've messed up my LNAT big time ahahah, thank you again !!
i see! well some progress is better than none hehe, and i'm sure it's a good sign! thanks for your reply, i'll write to them now. it's so nerve-wracking as i don't know whether them not getting back to me means that i've messed up my LNAT big time ahahah, thank you again !!

Yes definitely email! They’ll tell you they’re unable to confirm when they’ll be able to give you a space but they put me on hold immediately afterwards so I guess that helps somewhat. Good luck!
Yes definitely email! They’ll tell you they’re unable to confirm when they’ll be able to give you a space but they put me on hold immediately afterwards so I guess that helps somewhat. Good luck!

yes i hope that'll be the case! how long did it take for them and to respond to your email? all the best to you and let's hope for offers to come through in the near future! ^^
yes i hope that'll be the case! how long did it take for them and to respond to your email? all the best to you and let's hope for offers to come through in the near future! ^^

It took them around two days to respond to me. Thank you and good luck for your other offers too! xx
I’m in the same position too. I’ve emailed to ask them regarding the progress of my application as it has been over 8 weeks but I’ve yet to hear a reply. I would say my grades are relatively good so I’m just worried I’ve flunked my LNAT so much so that I’m at the bottom of the pile and they just haven’t gotten to my application yet.

hi are you still waiting ? i got put on hold yesterday. do you know if they have flat out rejected people and then put others on hold ?
Original post by glitterkitt3n
hi are you still waiting ? i got put on hold yesterday. do you know if they have flat out rejected people and then put others on hold ?

Hi, yes I am still waiting. I have heard of acceptances but not of anyone who has been flat out rejected yet - I think people will be on rejected at the very end of the deadline
Hi, yes I am still waiting. I have heard of acceptances but not of anyone who has been flat out rejected yet - I think people will be on rejected at the very end of the deadline

Does this include if anyone you’ve heard of being rejected and not put on hold ?
I haven't been put on hold either- but no rejection yet? Glad someone's in the same boat as me lol
Reply 18
Original post by freyabeth444
I haven't been put on hold either- but no rejection yet? Glad someone's in the same boat as me lol

Same I haven’t been put on hold either. When did you apply?
Original post by desi45678
Same I haven’t been put on hold either. When did you apply?

8th December x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending