The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

On hold for Bristol???

Also applying for LSE, so I am worried that I am n hold because I am a weaker applicant. So many people in my year have had Bristol offers.
I was put on hold for English Literature and my friend who's applying for spanish and history got an offer, so im hoping it's just differences in departments and because more people apply to english literature than for spanish (can't say for history though)? I hope i get in because it's my second choice after cambridge
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Also applying for LSE, so I am worried that I am n hold because I am a weaker applicant. So many people in my year have had Bristol offers.

You've submitted your application, so no matter how strong or a weak a candidate you might be, you just need to wait for a decision. The deadline for universities to give decisions for applications submitted before the end of January is 16th May -- so, for any university, you might have some time to wait for a decision.

You won't be asked to choose a firm and insurance choice before you've had decisions from all the universities you've applied to.

when did you submit your application? it's weird that bristol is giving out offers right now
(edited 6 months ago)
Bristol giving out offers this soon? Nope, I do not believe you.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by lee_miller7
when did you submit your application? it's weird that bristol is giving out offers right now

2nd Oct
Reply 6
Original post by random_matt
Bristol giving out offers this soo? Nope, I do not believe you.

Why would I lie about that. Offered have included Geography, Music, Natural Sciences and History.
Why would I lie about that. Offered have included Geography, Music, Natural Sciences and History.

Sounds unlikely, but if there has been offers given out then that is great.
Reply 8
I have got an offer three days after applying - it’s real! I know of quite a few others too

maybe everyone who was accepted had all A*s?? i’m not sure why half of thr people i know are on hold
My son has applied to do Maths at Bristol and last week was given a conditional offer of A* A A. He is predicted A* A* A* A*.
Reply 11
maybe everyone who was accepted had all A*s?? i’m not sure why half of thr people i know are on hold

im on hold with 4 A*s, its so annoying
Also puzzled why Bristol gives out some offers but puts others on hold this has happened with two people I know of from the same school, same grades, same predicted grades etc.
Original post by Anonymous #3
My son has applied to do Maths at Bristol and last week was given a conditional offer of A* A A. He is predicted A* A* A* A*.

I’ve applied with 3 A* for maths to and also been put on hold so I wouldn’t worry much about being on hold I think there just weird
Has anyone had a maths offer recently after being on hold?
anyone had a law offer? been on hold for a while
Original post by Anonymous #6
anyone had a law offer? been on hold for a while

nothing here! ive been on hold for law for a while too, have no clue who the places are going to cause everyone seems to be on hold, unless they're international

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending