The Student Room Group

Exam concessions (A levels)

Hey I've just been told I can apply for exam concessions at my college. Is it worth it or would it just give me a harder time?
I've been told I can have rest breaks and a smaller room for my anxiety and physical disabilities, but previously I've just had exams normally. Is it worth applying? Does anyone with concessions have any experiences to share? I have double exam days so I'm wondering if having rest breaks will just give me even less of a break between exams. So, to everyone with exam arrangements, any advice or experiences you want to share? Is it more singling out than helpful? Does smaller rooms assist exam stress or is it more like singling out? And are rest breaks worth it?
Reply 1
Hello there,
I believe if you are eligible, you should go for it because you never know if it will help you. Even just using the rest breaks to take a breather and ‘give you more time’ to think over a question before answering it can be really beneficial.
Reply 2
Original post by cristalat101
Hey I've just been told I can apply for exam concessions at my college. Is it worth it or would it just give me a harder time?
I've been told I can have rest breaks and a smaller room for my anxiety and physical disabilities, but previously I've just had exams normally. Is it worth applying? Does anyone with concessions have any experiences to share? I have double exam days so I'm wondering if having rest breaks will just give me even less of a break between exams. So, to everyone with exam arrangements, any advice or experiences you want to share? Is it more singling out than helpful? Does smaller rooms assist exam stress or is it more like singling out? And are rest breaks worth it?

I would claim them - you don't have to use them.

Rest breaks can be useful as they give you the opportunity to clear your mind if you are overwhelmed.

You will have been given them because you deserve then to do yourself justice.

Quick Reply

Latest