The Student Room Group

Made mistakes in my exam - messed up on events and dates and would like some clarity

Hello everyone - hope all of your papers went well!

I was just hoping if someone could provide me with some clarity on one of the 25-Markers generally.
I wrote all the following info, but mixed up quite a few key events (namely concessions, and dates), and I was wondering if someone could tell me that regardless of the wrong data what mark range I can be expecting - its for the colonial policy British Empire question.

Economic
- Mosul Oil Fields
- ‘Aerial Policing’
- King Faisal I of the Hashemite Dynasty
- Treaty of San Remo 1920
- LoN mandate
- £35,000m cost of the war
- Indian Interest rates rose from 11% to 25%
- Global exports fell 28%

Internal Pressures
- Egypt
- Saad Zaghlul exiled in 1919
- Palestine Jewish Migration
- 15,000 a year limitation
- Jewish National Fund evicted Palestinians
- Hagahan as Jewish terrorism
- Rose from 60000 (9%) to over 170000 (16.9%)
- Nazi aggression amplified jewish migration
- Treaty of San Remo 1920
- Forced Britain to leave
- Acted as a buffer zone to Suez, suggests secondary importance to economic needs

Individuals
- Gandhi
- Non Co-op, Salt March, Civil Disobedience
- Satyagraha - passive resistance
- Rowlatt Act 1919, Amritsar Massacre 1919
- Montagu Chelmsford
I mentioned a few of these as well, do not worry as you have a lot more than me.
Reply 2
Original post by RealisticWater71
I mentioned a few of these as well, do not worry as you have a lot more than me.

Would you say it is all correct?
Original post by disasterspoake
Would you say it is all correct?

Honestly I have forgotten most of Empire already, I'm trying to focus on paper 2 to salvage an A because the first exam did not go too well for me. I mean you can check your textbook, but if you find out something you put is wrong it's only gonna stress you out and won't help with your next exams.

I talked about the Balfour Declaration and Palestine yes, and how there was a need to appease the financiers/Americans post-WW1, and I said this was economic.
I also spoke about the protests in Mandated Iraq in 1920, and how Britain's interest there was economic due to the oil fields. The other facts look good, I just happen to not know them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending