The Student Room Group

Work experience for journalism help

Hi, does anyone know of any journalism work experience to do in year 11 or is it more common in year 12?
Thanks
Have you spoken to your local newspapers and radio stations?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Have you spoken to your local newspapers and radio stations?

This is for my sister, I'll ask her to try this because I don't think she has, thanks so much!
Original post by Nk06176
Hi, does anyone know of any journalism work experience to do in year 11 or is it more common in year 12?
Thanks

Hello,

I am a Broadcast Journalism graduate from the University of Salford and have had experiences in getting placement opportunities in the world of journalism.

I think in year 11, I would say any type of experience would be great. Local newspapers or radio stations may be a good place to start, even if it is just a week as an intern making coffee. Being in that environment and being surrounded by journalists would be great experience and an insight into how the world works.

I would also say any experience that may seem small, such as a school newspaper or personal blog, would still class as good experience, especially to a university.

I hope this helps.
Matt ~ University of Salford Rep
Reply 4
Original post by University of Salford
Hello,

I am a Broadcast Journalism graduate from the University of Salford and have had experiences in getting placement opportunities in the world of journalism.

I think in year 11, I would say any type of experience would be great. Local newspapers or radio stations may be a good place to start, even if it is just a week as an intern making coffee. Being in that environment and being surrounded by journalists would be great experience and an insight into how the world works.

I would also say any experience that may seem small, such as a school newspaper or personal blog, would still class as good experience, especially to a university.

I hope this helps.
Matt ~ University of Salford Rep

Thank you so much this is very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending