The Student Room Group

not sure on what to do

i'm currently in Year 12, and I have been interested in going into Journalism since Year 10, and I've completed quite a bit of work experience because I was planning on applying for a BBC Journalism Level 5 apprenticeship. However, I really want to get into International Relations and Politics, and I feel that if I do the apprenticeship and not a degree, I'll never get to that position because of how competitive the industry is. Would it be worth it for me to go to university and get a degree in intentional relations, and then go and complete the more advanced apprenticeship offered by The BBC (Level 7)? I've emailed The BBC but they weren't very helpful in advising me. I'm also worried about going to university and being stuck in debt or struggling with money, whereas with the apprenticeship I'll get a salary.
(edited 3 months ago)
I’m in the exact same boat !! In year 12 too and been interested in Journalism forever however not sure if i should go to uni or do an apprenticeship it’s genuinely so tricky but please let me know if you get any advice and i’ll be more then happy to let you know anything i’m able to find out that may help !
Reply 2
Original post by ellafaulkner07
I’m in the exact same boat !! In year 12 too and been interested in Journalism forever however not sure if i should go to uni or do an apprenticeship it’s genuinely so tricky but please let me know if you get any advice and i’ll be more then happy to let you know anything i’m able to find out that may help !

genuinely just wanting to do a degree and then do the apprenticeship, i think it’ll be so much better !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending