The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Should I contact Imperial Admissions about my application?

Hi,

I had sent my UCAS application on 4th October applying for Computer Science at Imperial and took the online admissions test on the first week of November.

I had not received any updates of any interview or any rejection since that time in which I am now wondering if I should contact Imperial Admissions or should I keep waiting?
Reply 1
Original post by mellow2006
Hi,

I had sent my UCAS application on 4th October applying for Computer Science at Imperial and took the online admissions test on the first week of November.

I had not received any updates of any interview or any rejection since that time in which I am now wondering if I should contact Imperial Admissions or should I keep waiting?
In a similar boat. Only difference being that my application was on hold from Oct-jan (their fault). Did my test early Feb.

I know it’s tempting but unless you think there is a huge error in your application or it has been mishandled like mine (unlikely since you have already done the online test) don’t bother.

Imperial admissions, like many unis, don’t like giving correspondence about the status of applications because if they did, word would get out and they’d be overwhelmed with emails from every anxious undergraduate applicant (I’m not trying to be mean, I’m talking about myself here).

Admittedly this policy / protocol is flawed since when I asked about the status of my application, as it was February and I hadn’t been put forward for the test they simply brushed me off when there was in fact an administrative error that kept my application on hold. It was only when they reached out to me that it got fixed.

Anyway what I’m trying to say is there isn’t much you can do 😕 . I know it’s tough since we pour so much of ourselves into these applications just to feel like we’ve been forgotten about.

On the bright side, in all of my scouring of TSR and Reddit I haven’t found a single person who has been invited to interview on the 28th. People have apparently been told that they are going to be interviewing home students online, with invites being sent out up to the end of this month (cannot vouch so take this with a pinch of salt!)

Hope this helps
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending