The Student Room Group

Physics or English A level

Hello, I am currently in year 11 and am deciding whether to choose either physics or english for a level. I am currently thinking of doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Phys/Eng so that I can pursue Economics in the future.

However I'm considering of changing english to physics as it broadens my options and I enjoy the astronomy side of physics and may pursue it as a career. For both eng/phys I get 8-9s.

Also how difficult is English A level when compared to English GCSE?

Thank you very much.
Original post by AnuragM
Hello, I am currently in year 11 and am deciding whether to choose either physics or english for a level. I am currently thinking of doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Phys/Eng so that I can pursue Economics in the future.

However I'm considering of changing english to physics as it broadens my options and I enjoy the astronomy side of physics and may pursue it as a career. For both eng/phys I get 8-9s.

Also how difficult is English A level when compared to English GCSE?

Thank you very much.
I would say Physics might be better in your case as you'll be more motivated to study/revise for this subject compared to one that you have lower interest in.

I would say that English A level and English GCSE are similar in terms of structure, but A level is definitely harder by around x3 as there are more texts to memorise and techniques.

Goodluck with A levels!
Reply 2
Original post by jelllyfiiish
I would say Physics might be better in your case as you'll be more motivated to study/revise for this subject compared to one that you have lower interest in.

I would say that English A level and English GCSE are similar in terms of structure, but A level is definitely harder by around x3 as there are more texts to memorise and techniques.

Goodluck with A levels!
Thank you so much for your advice. I enjoy English as well as Physics. However, I think I will now choose depending on my GCSE grade for Physics as I definitely know that Physics A Level will be more challenging than English. Thank you once again.

Quick Reply

Latest