The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

The Official Swansea Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

The Official Swansea University 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Swansea University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Swansea.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Swansea do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Swansea specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(edited 7 months ago)
Welcome Prospective Students!
Interested in finding out more about Swansea University?
Looking for advice and thoughts on what courses to study?
This article has some excellent links to posts that do a deep dive into current themes in higher education!
Are your keen to start uni in 2024? Follow and post on this thread for prompt responses from Swansea University Staff AND Students.

Cost of living crisis is a growing concern. Hear a current Swansea student's perspective on this and see how they have adapted in this post! There is more advice here.

Wondering how to find what is the right fit for you? Check out this post on how to go about making your decision. Start here!

Are Open Days worth it? Read and find out. Please reply to the post if you want to know up to date info about upcoming open days in Swansea.

Grades not as good as you expected? Don't give up! Follow and interact with this thread to build your confidence.

There are several ways to pursue higher education. Find out if Swansea University can help you achieve your dreams by sending your queries to [email protected] .
All the best for your 2024 applications!

Ruchika Yadav - Swansea Student Ambassador - Final Year Medical Student
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Talkative Toad
The Official Swansea University 2024 Entry Thread

Hi :hi:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Swansea University for 2024!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Here are a few suggested opening questions, but ask whatever you want regarding Swansea.

1) What A Levels are you doing (or other eligible qualifications)?
2) What course at Swansea do you have your eyes on? And why?
3) What grades did you get/are you predicted to get at GCSE and Sixth Form?
4) Why Swansea specifically?
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit if any, and when will you start preparing for them?
6) Will you be attending any Open Days?
7) How are you feeling about starting University?
8) Other unis you're interested in?

You can find a directory linking to all of the other university applicant threads here.

General TSR rules (read before posting in this thread):
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links along with any social media contact details both in this thread and via PM. Such posts will simply be reported and removed as standard.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

I received my unconditional offer for Business Management and Mandarin this week! Trying to explore more about the area and accommodation now, would be great to connect with any other applicants 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by Belle H
I received my unconditional offer for Business Management and Mandarin this week! Trying to explore more about the area and accommodation now, would be great to connect with any other applicants 🙂

Congrats- I’ve received an offer too but can’t log on to ucas at moment. Would you mind sharing what your offer was? Swansea is my favourite uni so I’m
Hoping my offer is achievable
Reply 4
Original post by Cat2022
Congrats- I’ve received an offer too but can’t log on to ucas at moment. Would you mind sharing what your offer was? Swansea is my favourite uni so I’m
Hoping my offer is achievable

Thanks - you too that’s great! Unfortunately I may not be the best for comparison. I qualify as a ‘mature student’ so I received a contextual offer one grade below standard entry requirements for my course. The UCAS maintenance really keeping us in suspense this weekend! :,)
Original post by Belle H

Did you attend any of their open days?
Reply 6
Does anyone know when the offer holder days are likely to be for civil engineering? My son was given an offer in October and would really like to attend a offer holder day if they run them. We live on the south coast so will probably be looking to book accommodation and catch the train. Thanks
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by TayVizMum
Does anyone know when the offer holder days are likely to be for civil engineering? My son was given an offer in October and would really like to attend a offer holder day if they run them. We live on the south coast so will probably be looking to book accommodation and catch the train. Thanks

Hi,

Our Open Days are for both offer holders and new applicants. They offer a range of talks and tours of the faculties for the department. You will have the opportunity to meet some of the academics. We have one in February and another in March. You can register for the event here.

Best wishes,
Del
Future Student Experience Team
I’ve got an offer for Modern Languages and am going to the open day next weekend!
Hi i've applied to Swansea as well still waiting on my offers though but am really hoping to go there the university looks so nice
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi i've applied to Swansea as well still waiting on my offers though but am really hoping to go there the university looks so nice

Hi,

Depending on the course you have applied for, some offers take longer than others. If you would like any updates you can email us here. If you can include your student number/UCAS number we will be able to update you.

Many thanks,
Del
Future Student Enquiries Team
Original post by Anonymous #2
I’ve got an offer for Modern Languages and am going to the open day next weekend!

Congrats! I hope you enjoyed your visit to Swansea and the Open Day activities. If you need help with anything else, feel free to get in touch any time.

Best wishes, Gethin (Future Students Team).
Original post by Belle H
I received my offer for business management at swansea a couple weeks back! is swansea your first choice?
Reply 13
Original post by westygirl
I received my offer for business management at swansea a couple weeks back! is swansea your first choice?
Congratulations!! I’m still waiting on 1 more decision but I think Swansea is my favourite. How about you?
Original post by Belle H
Congratulations!! I’m still waiting on 1 more decision but I think Swansea is my favourite. How about you?
yeah I think swansea is my first choice, it’s a really nice campus
Original post by westygirl

Hey! Congratulations on your offer to join us in Swansea for Business Management!

If you want to know more about what you can expect in Swansea, check out or posts on 'Making Halls Your Home' and 'Making Friends and Finding New Experiences.' I absolutely love it at Swansea, and have been here for the last 7 years, so I really hope you'll love your time here too!

Best wishes,
Hope - Swansea Student Ambassador and Third Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student.

Quick Reply

Latest