The Student Room Group

Pcda - police

Hello, I have just found out I have failed my second year of my PCDA apprenticeship. I needed 40% to pass and got 36%.
I have one more chance to resubmit and hopefully I will pass my second year!
However if not does anyone know what happens as my organisation can not tell me as they don’t know? I am very stressed obviously am I going to loose my job? Or do I restart year 2?

Any help / advice appreciated. Also if anyone knows any private tutors in policing please let me know as I need help.
Original post by Tmcx23
Hello, I have just found out I have failed my second year of my PCDA apprenticeship. I needed 40% to pass and got 36%.
However if not does anyone know what happens as my organisation can not tell me as they don’t know? I am very stressed obviously am I going to loose my job? Or do I restart year 2?
Any help / advice appreciated. Also if anyone knows any private tutors in policing please let me know as I need help.

From a similar experience, I was told if you fail the year then the job will go down the Reg 13 route and unfortunately sack you.

I would contact your fed rep asap to make sure the force are doing everything to help you pass. If they aren’t doing enough, they can’t go down the Reg 13 routes
Reply 2
Thank you for this. I’m hoping it’s not the case as the force are now recruiting the old way as well as PCDA so if I don’t pass hoping they will put me on this route!
I’ll be contacting fed tho so thanks for advice
Original post by James9103
From a similar experience, I was told if you fail the year then the job will go down the Reg 13 route and unfortunately sack you.
I would contact your fed rep asap to make sure the force are doing everything to help you pass. If they aren’t doing enough, they can’t go down the Reg 13 routes
Original post by Tmcx23

If you have it in writing that the "organisation doesn't know" what will happen next - then that's your out right there. They haven't properly explained the procedure or supported you.

If you are doing alright in other respects - as in you're doing the job ok, then I would try and get in front of it and say that you are dissatisfied at how the PCDA is going, you aren't being supported and no one seems to know how it actually works - and that you want to move to an alternate scheme. Even if that doesn't happen, it means it will have to be logged that you requested it. Then, it becomes more awkward for them to 13 you.

If, on the other hand you're having a mare with the job in general, then maybe you should take the time you have to reconsider doing something else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending