The Student Room Group

Best universities for PPE or philosophy and economics without maths?

I don't do Maths so my choices are limited. What are the best universities for PPE? Preferably, I would like to just do philosophy and economics but most of them require maths.
Hi @kwakraon

The University of Southampton offers Economics and Philosophy. It does not require A level Maths. The entrance requirements are ABB including Maths or AAB and a Grade 8/9 in A level Maths. The PPE course also has the same entrance requirements.

I am a current PPE Student and one of the good things about the degree is how flexible there are a wide variety of modules and options to choose from giving you the chance to tailor the degree to your interests. You can find out more about the course structure here.

There is also alot of career events to take place whether that be from philosophy or from economics giving you the chance to explore your options in both areas.

I recommend attending an open day where you can discuss with academic staff as well as get a feel for the university. These will be taking place on the 6th July, 7th July, 8th September, 5th October and 6th October this year.

Hope this helps,
Gulcin
2nd Year PPE Student
University of Southampton
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending