The Student Room Group

Cambridge vs Imperial College London

Hi, I received an offer from both Cambridge and Imperial for chemical engineering. I'm really grateful that my dream schools gave me an offer to study engineering there. However, the offers I receive are EXACTLY the same. I don't know which university I should put is as a firm. Please give me some insights (as I am international student and haven't been to the UK) about these two universities. Also please give me some suggestions regarding the choice with the reason. Many thanks in advance!
Do you like living in a big city or in a small city?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I received an offer from both Cambridge and Imperial for chemical engineering. I'm really grateful that my dream schools gave me an offer to study engineering there. However, the offers I receive are EXACTLY the same. I don't know which university I should put is as a firm. Please give me some insights (as I am international student and haven't been to the UK) about these two universities. Also please give me some suggestions regarding the choice with the reason. Many thanks in advance!

Imperial prices are considerably cheaper despite being in london, if that makes a difference,if it doesn't then id say Cambridge for the name
Cambridge is more prestigious.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Cambridge
Reply 5
For this subject, Imperial has slightly better research quality. But Cambridge is harder to get in to. Source: www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk

Which college at Cambridge accepted you?
What made you pick those particular places, other than high ranking (although Oxford's ranked as good as either)? Are there are course differences that would matter to you?
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest