The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Which unis are better for biochem

I’ve recently received my offers for biochem from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Strathclyde I’m having a hard time trying to decide which offer I should take.

For Edinburgh and Glasgow I love the city and the uni itself has a high ranking(that doesn’t really mean anything but my mum likes it) but I saw so many people complaining about the uni about how I need to be prepared to teach myself. Edinburgh is my first choice cause of the city but I think I I should choose my offers based on how strong their subject is.

Aberdeen and Strathclyde I’ve heard it has a good reputation. I’ve also heard for biochem they are better than Glasgow and Edinburgh.

So I’m really struggling to decide which offer I should take. Edinburgh and Glasgow are lovely but I’ve heard so many bad things about them. At the end of the day I just want to pick a uni that does better(teaching) at biochem.
Needing to "teach yourself" is part of the whole point of university - learning to engage with your own learning and not just rely on passively being spoon fed it by teachers (or lecturers at degree level).
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending