The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Psychology - Still awaiting decision

Hi, I applied for psychology at the uni of manchester, and I'm still waiting for their response. Some other people at my college have had the same problem, just wondering if this is happening to others
Reply 1
I don't know about response times, but if you have another university chose that. Currently doing psychology at Manchester and I would never ever recommend it!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by annagaga
I don't know about response times, but if you have another university chose that. Currently doing psychology at Manchester and I would never ever recommend it!

haha, I've just got an offer for it but I'm hoping to get an apprenticeship instead. Why don't you like psychology at manchester?
Reply 3
Mainly the staff. No-one helps, they all plug their own work and like you to reference their work in your assignments. The say the grading is anonymised but the cover sheet they require (mark you down if you don't include) literally has your student number on! They love it when the student kiss their arses, honestly every lecture made me cringe.

They are riding the coattails of other schools within the university being 'world renowned'. I would never recommend it as a school within the university, because as soon as you're stuck with something, you will just get passed to round person to person, and when you finally reach the right department they send you links to pre-made generic videos and help guides.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending