The Student Room Group

Counselling Psychology Doctorate: Manchester Uni vs. City Uni London

Hello. If anybody has any experience with the counselling psychology professional doctorate at either City U. London or U. of Manchester, please can you share:
1. What you liked the most about the course?
2. What you found the most difficult about it?
3. What you didn’t like as much about the course?
4. Anything that the course has facilitated in terms of your career aspirations?

I have unexpectedly received offers for both, and am finding the decision very difficult based on the information from the websites and interviews alone. Been living in London for the past several years but visited Manchester on a rainless March weekend and enjoyed it there too.

I’d be very grateful for any thoughts and opinions on either of the two courses/unis, either here or via private message. Thank you.
Reply 1
Hi Citronnade,

Firstly, congrats on all your offers thats amazing!

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I am really interested in the Counselling Psychology Doctorate at Manchester. I'm started my Psychology conversion course in September and wanted to ask what experience you have/what your background is and if you have any advice for getting on the course?
Reply 2
Thank you, skaur1996. My background is in psychology as well. It would be helpful to accumulate relevant experience for the counselling psychology course, especially with mental health services/charities but research experience as well.
Original post by skaur1996
Hi Citronnade,

Firstly, congrats on all your offers thats amazing!

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I am really interested in the Counselling Psychology Doctorate at Manchester. I'm started my Psychology conversion course in September and wanted to ask what experience you have/what your background is and if you have any advice for getting on the course?

Quick Reply

Latest