The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Further Maths 2024 Paper 2 (8365/2) - 19th June [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA Level 2 Further Maths 2024 Paper 2 exam go?

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information

Date/Time: 19th Jun 2024/ AM
Length: 1h 45m
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

wsg chat
Original post by Talkative Toad

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:
General Information

Date/Time: 19th Jun 2024/ AM
Length: 1h 45m

hi
Original post by summayaaaa
hi

heyyy
how are you feeling for this paper
Original post by agent_duck343
heyyy
how are you feeling for this paper

alright tbh, but I definitely need to go over differentiation and equations of a circle one more time before the exams
alright tbh, but I definitely need to go over differentiation and equations of a circle one more time before the exams

yep those are the topics I struggle most with too
yep those are the topics I struggle most with too

fr and I always forget matrix transformations too, I’m just going to memorise them atp
fr and I always forget matrix transformations too, I’m just going to memorise them atp

I just use the identity matrix to work out the transformations
I just use the identity matrix to work out the transformations

I remember being able to do that roughly but I still need to go over them, definitely hoping for a 9 tho 💪💪
does anyone have all of the circle theorems we need to know
Original post by zackyboii

do you need to know them for further maths?
do you need to know them for further maths?

im not sure. i saw a question in a sample paper and they got an angle but im not sure how. Question 15 if you want to check. I didn't know angle ABE https://www.mymathscloud.com/api/download/modules/GCSE-iGCSE-O-Level/Past-Papers/GCSE-Additional-and-Further/AQA-8365/AQA%20SAMPLE%20PAPER%201.pdf?id=112159508

angle i was confused about

im not sure. i saw a question in a sample paper and they got an angle but im not sure how. Question 15 if you want to check. I didn't know angle ABE https://www.mymathscloud.com/api/download/modules/GCSE-iGCSE-O-Level/Past-Papers/GCSE-Additional-and-Further/AQA-8365/AQA%20SAMPLE%20PAPER%201.pdf?id=112159508

angle i was confused about

basically you have to use the alternate segment theorem where the angle formed between the tangent and the chord through the point of contact of the tangent is equal to the angle formed by the chord in the alternate segment. So angle ABE is equal to ACB so it is 2x
The next circle theorem you need to use is opposite angles in a cyclic quadrilateral add to 180 so angle ABC is 100 degrees
Then just use that angles on a straight line add to 180 to get ACF as 180-4x
Use the same rule to get angle CBF as 80-2x
Then base angles in an isosceles triangle are equal so angle CFB is also 180-4x
Using angles in a triangle add to 180 you have all the angles in triangle CBF then solve the equation

180-4x + 180-4x + 80 = 180
440 -10x = 180
-10x = -260
x = 26 degrees
(edited 3 weeks ago)

They are just the same theorems as we need to know for GCSE maths but with harder application probably

Spoiler

(edited 3 weeks ago)
They are just the same theorems as we need to know for GCSE maths but with harder application probably

Spoiler

thanks!
thanks!

the application is about the same difficulty, on the further maths 2023 paper 2, the last question required circle theorems (easy application), although it did combine cosine and sine rule along with it
does anyone have any idea what mark a grade 9 will be around cuz last year was like 86% but other years were lower
does anyone have any idea what mark a grade 9 will be around cuz last year was like 86% but other years were lower

that was only because last years paper had a lot of questions that could be answered with regular gcse maths, instead of further maths skills - the grade boundaries this year will depend on how much questions require purely further maths skills or how many can be answered with gcse maths skills
Original post by toby.okelola
that was only because last years paper had a lot of questions that could be answered with regular gcse maths, instead of further maths skills - the grade boundaries this year will depend on how much questions require purely further maths skills or how many can be answered with gcse maths skills

ohh ty. I havent seen the 2023 papers yet. are they easier then previous years?
ohh ty. I havent seen the 2023 papers yet. are they easier then previous years?

yes definitely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending