The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

F. Poste
I hope all thoughts of getting me a skull have been banished from your mind now :p:

meh, still considering it! :biggrin:
Reply 21
F. Poste
Tell me more about this skull... is it real? is it from a person?? :eek:

Unfortunately I could not find anywhere that was selling real skulls, otherwise I would have got one, tis actually cremaic.
If thats what she'll like then it's great- I'm not convinced by flowers/chocolates etc on valentines day- no thought at all needs to go into it. Not that i'm that interesting, I got my boyfriend a wallet!
wiwarin_mir
Well, she is quite gothic and she loves all things celtic, so a skull seemed a good thing to get.

perhaps for a birthday pressie or something like that...but a Valentines gift is supposed to be romantic...

but if she's into that stuff i'm sure she'll love it...:smile:
Reply 24
wiwarin_mir
Well, she is quite gothic and she loves all things celtic, so a skull seemed a good thing to get.

Its a great present, hell if its what she wants then it is romantic, no?? My flatmate has bought her boyfriend a goldfish. I have no idea. I'm just going the usual way as its my first valentines day with a girlfriend, you know, meal, flowers, museum visits (she wants us to do something cultural), oh and of course as usual there is also ... I think you can guess!! :wink: :rolleyes:
Reply 25
RoisinHan
If thats what she'll like then it's great- I'm not convinced by flowers/chocolates etc on valentines day- no thought at all needs to go into it. Not that i'm that interesting, I got my boyfriend a wallet!

A lot of thought went into this, I was in the shop for almost an hour looking at various things, including a cerimonial sythe.
Reply 26
wiwarin_mir
A lot of thought went into this, I was in the shop for almost an hour looking at various things, including a cerimonial sythe.

What kind of shops do you go to?? I swear I have never found a shop with this sort of stuff in!! Which is probably a good thing as I would by all their stock!
Reply 27
SciFi25
What kind of shops do you go to?? I swear I have never found a shop with this sort of stuff in!! Which is probably a good thing as I would by all their stock!

This was quite a hippyish shop but it sold some nice gothic things.
Reply 28
wiwarin_mir
This was quite a hippyish shop but it sold some nice gothic things.

Will have to get out the yellow pages and look up 'goth shops'. Bound to be one down here in portsmouth.
Reply 29
SciFi25
Will have to get out the yellow pages and look up 'goth shops'. Bound to be one down here in portsmouth.

theres a shop down by the kings thetre that sells stuff like ceromonial swords and stuff theres lots around pompey if you look
Reply 30
Babyshambles
meh, still considering it! :biggrin:

You should stop if you want to see me next Valentine's day :p:
Reply 31
the most romantic present i ever got was a phone call saying look outside your window....my ex boyfriend had travelled all the way from london just to say he loved me.

the most unusual....well i gave my best friend david, whom i had such a crush on, a fimbles tambourine i got free in a magazine, and one of the pics of me and him cellotaped to it on the bottom. he liked that, he still has it 3 years later
Reply 32
M-J
the most romantic present i ever got was a phone call saying look outside your window....my ex boyfriend had travelled all the way from london just to say he loved me.

:love: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Reply 33
F. Poste
:love: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i know :smile:
Reply 34
M-J
i know :smile:

That is incredibly romantic, although it would be funny if you weren't in.
Reply 35
Hmmm, a skull...rather symbolic of "til death do us part" :eek:
Valentine by Carol Ann Duffy

Not a red rose or a satin heart.

I give you an onion.
It is a moon wrapped in brown paper.
It promises light
like the careful undressing of love.

Here.
It will blind you with tears
like a lover.
It will make your reflection
a wobbling photo of grief.

I am trying to be truthful.

Not a cute card or a kissogram.

I give you an onion.
Its fierce kiss will stay on your lips,
possessive and faithful
as we are,
for as long as we are.

Take it.
Its platinum loops shrink to a wedding-ring,
if you like.

Lethal.
Its scent will cling to your fingers,
cling to your knife.

That says it all - who gives their valentine an onion??? :eek:

although I do love this poem...but still...an onion :eek: ??!?!?!?!?!
Reply 37
wiwarin_mir
That is incredibly romantic, although it would be funny if you weren't in.

it was like 11pm.....im suprised he found my house considering i had just moved.... apperently...he was apperently in edinburgh at 9pm
Reply 38
pikaboo
Hmmm, a skull...rather symbolic of "til death do us part" :eek:

It looks really cool as well, it has loads of symbols on it.
Reply 39
ladyshort4u
Valentine by Carol Ann Duffy

Not a red rose or a satin heart.

I give you an onion.
It is a moon wrapped in brown paper.
It promises light
like the careful undressing of love.

Here.
It will blind you with tears
like a lover.
It will make your reflection
a wobbling photo of grief.

I am trying to be truthful.

Not a cute card or a kissogram.

I give you an onion.
Its fierce kiss will stay on your lips,
possessive and faithful
as we are,
for as long as we are.

Take it.
Its platinum loops shrink to a wedding-ring,
if you like.

Lethal.
Its scent will cling to your fingers,
cling to your knife.

That says it all - who gives their valentine an onion??? :eek:

although I do love this poem...but still...an onion :eek: ??!?!?!?!?!

Was that one of the poems you studied for English Lit at GCSE? It was for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending