The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Toy Soldier
It's OK, I'm over it. Can I get an Aussie smile before you go though? The ad makes them sound so special.
I suddenly feel incapable of smiling atm, all thanks to a certain evil hooligan who stole your green gem :frown: Aw, how caring are some of us Aussies, wow :smile:
Reply 41
Toy Soldier
I was only messin' :wink: . I do know what it's like to be stereotyped on the internet - I'm Scottish :biggrin: .

"Wow! Are you wearing a kilt? Are you eating a haggis? Can you play the bagpipes??"

*sigh*

i remember back in the old days of chat rooms as a kid i used to say i was from northern ireland and all these american teens would bounce on "KEWL do you know my auntie? shes from ireland"

like they thought the place was the size of a few streets.
dear god... :rolleyes:
Reply 42
Toy Soldier
It's all the crack.

crack as in crackpot *****...

or crack as in craic - a good laugh

?
technik
your getting fairly wiredintillit... :wink:
Shoosh you, before I start on about Ireland and potatoes :p:
Reply 44
danni_bella83
Shoosh you, before I start on about Ireland and potatoes :p:

nah the irish paid a heavy price for that dependancy :biggrin:
danni_bella83
I suddenly feel incapable of smiling atm, all thanks to a certain evil hooligan who stole your green gem :frown:

:eek: Fine then. I'll just have to sit and watch commercial television until the Quantas ad comes on again.
Reply 46
I'm from London :smile:
technik
crack as in crackpot *****...

or crack as in craic - a good laugh

?

Crack cocain, but I think I'll go for option 2.
technik
hehe i saw that ad yesterday. i was like "LOL". they obviously hired cheesemeister ad consultants inc.
Yeah, don't pay attention to the ads, many of us act nothing like that :smile:

I suppose what you can pay attention to is 'Neighbours', now there's a typical Aussie suburban drama if there ever was one (we're just not as dramatic, sorry :redface: )
Reply 49
danni_bella83
Yeah, don't pay attention to the ads, many of us act nothing like that :smile:

I suppose what you can pay attention to is 'Neighbours', now there's a typical Aussie suburban drama if there ever was one (we're just not as dramatic, sorry :redface: )

aussie ads are always funny tho...

the fosters one of the blokes getting the big hair cuts so they can use them to shade their beer so it doesnt get warm in the sun is legendary stuff.
technik
nah the irish paid a heavy price for that dependancy :biggrin:
yes, moving to the US :biggrin: :rolleyes:
Reply 51
danni_bella83
yes, moving to the US :biggrin: :rolleyes:

lol nah...most of them died.
danni_bella83

Or like me you can just watch it for the music. Brilliant songs that don't actually exist. I've searched for and wide for "Could'a been the theif, could'a been the leaf" but nothing. I can't even find "Just Give Me One Good Reason whyyy I should go home again"

...gimme one good reason, one good reason, one good reason, oooone good reason gimme one good reason now I'm something something hmm hmm....

...Damn crack.
Toy Soldier
:eek: Fine then. I'll just have to sit and watch commercial television until the Quantas ad comes on again.
hehe, ok :p:
Reply 54
technik
aussie ads are always funny tho...

the fosters one of the blokes getting the big hair cuts so they can use them to shade their beer so it doesnt get warm in the sun is legendary stuff.

Or the new one where all of the other beer is thrown out of the planes. I wonder if they're Quantas? "Service with an Aussie smile and we throw out all of the beer that isn't fosters"

There could be Fosters / Quantas crossover episodes.
Toy Soldier
Or like me you can just watch it for the music. Brilliant songs that don't actually exist. I've searched for and wide for "Could'a been the theif, could'a been the leaf" but nothing. I can't even find "Just Give Me One Good Reason whyyy I should go home again"

...gimme one good reason, one good reason, one good reason, oooone good reason gimme one good reason now I'm something something hmm hmm....

...Damn crack.
Don't watch it for the music :eek:
Reply 57
Toy Soldier
Or the new one where all of the other beer is thrown out of the planes. I wonder if they're Quantas? "Service with an Aussie smile and we throw out all of the beer that isn't fosters"

There could be Fosters / Quantas crossover episodes.

john smiths ad's are better in my opinion. but thats a british ad, so its obvious :biggrin:

...that made me puke into my mouth a little... :frown:
Reply 59
wow so many international ppl :wink: oh i like it here :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending