The Student Room Group

Veterinary medicine interviews 2024 entry

Hi, I am applying for veterinary medicine courses at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Surrey and central Lancashire. I have had an interview invitation from Surrey but I am yet to hear back from the others. Has anyone else heard anything from any of these universities?

Scroll to see replies

Hiya out of your choices the one I have in common is uclan, but I haven't heard anything back. I'm aware that some people have ( on the 2024 vet med forum a few people have said they have got interview invites ) the general agreement is since uclan is a new vet school it's taking them a while to establish processes and order. I wouldn't worry too much, it might just be that they are taking their time. can't speak for the other sadly.

anyways, good luck with your application, hope all goes well :smile:
Original post by mmck0609
Hi, I am applying for veterinary medicine courses at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Surrey and central Lancashire. I have had an interview invitation from Surrey but I am yet to hear back from the others. Has anyone else heard anything from any of these universities?

I have applied to the same universities except surrey - I have an interview from Edinburgh but not heard anything from the others besides the ERT from Glasgow! Good luck with your application<3
Original post by mmck0609

Hey @mmck0609,

How are you? Great to see that you have applied to study veterinary medicine here at UCLan! 🌹

I know it can be a worrying time waiting to hear back on your application and this is totally normal. Our admissions team are working hard to process applications so pleased be assured that they will respond as soon as possible with an update.

If you have any questions about our veterinary medicine course or about life here as a student, feel free to ask. 😊

Best wishes,
Sarah
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by chloeallan0
I have applied to the same universities except surrey - I have an interview from Edinburgh but not heard anything from the others besides the ERT from Glasgow! Good luck with your application<3

When is your Edinburgh interview ? And are you a Scottish student? Just wondering how long it’ll be until the finish offering interviews.
Original post by 240706FH
When is your Edinburgh interview ? And are you a Scottish student? Just wondering how long it’ll be until the finish offering interviews.

I'm a Scottish student and my interview is 28th of Feb. They are interviewing most scottish students 6th and 13th of Dec so I assumed i got rejected, however I received my interview last week so try stay hopeful!
Reply 6
I'm a Scottish student and my interview is 28th of Feb. They are interviewing most scottish students 6th and 13th of Dec so I assumed i got rejected, however I received my interview last week so try stay hopeful!

That’s great, good luck !
Reply 7
My daughter is uk applicant and has an interview for Edinburgh 6 March. She also has Nottingham in December and is on hold for Bristol. Liverpool interview was November. So fingers crossed for an offer
Reply 8
Hi, I’ve applied for Liverpool, Bristol, Edinburgh and RVC. I’ve had an interview for Liverpool which didn’t go as well as I’d have hoped. I have an RVC interview this week. I was wondering if everyone who had applied for Bristol had been put on hold or got decisions as I haven’t heard anything. I also haven’t heard from Edinburgh.
Hi, I’ve applied for Liverpool, Bristol, Edinburgh and RVC. I’ve had an interview for Liverpool which didn’t go as well as I’d have hoped. I have an RVC interview this week. I was wondering if everyone who had applied for Bristol had been put on hold or got decisions as I haven’t heard anything. I also haven’t heard from Edinburgh.

Heyy, I heard that Bristol apparently go application by application (saq) . And they mostly decide immediately, so they either give you an offer or put you on hold if their not sure and want to compare you with the rest of the candidates (if your on hold then it means they've definitely read your saq) or they reject you. I haven't heard back yet as well so I'm guessing both our saqs haven't been read yet.
Reply 10
Original post by Jannet2ester
Heyy, I heard that Bristol apparently go application by application (saq) . And they mostly decide immediately, so they either give you an offer or put you on hold if their not sure and want to compare you with the rest of the candidates (if your on hold then it means they've definitely read your saq) or they reject you. I haven't heard back yet as well so I'm guessing both our saqs haven't been read yet.

Thank you so much !
Thank you so much !

No worries! Good Luck with your application 😁
Reply 12

i’m glad you haven’t heard back from glasgow either i was worried ive just been rejected! holding out hope a bit longer now 🙏
(edited 4 months ago)

I have applied to the same as you, except I applied to Surrey instead of Liverpool. I have interviews for Surrey and the RVC but no word from Edinburgh or Bristol
Reply 14
Original post by Vetapplicant9
I have applied to the same as you, except I applied to Surrey instead of Liverpool. I have interviews for Surrey and the RVC but no word from Edinburgh or Bristol

That’s good to know, thanks.
hi
testing
Reply 17

Hi I also have an interview for Edinbourgh, I was wondering what you were doing to prepare for the MMI as it doesn’t tell you the topics of the stations just how many they are and how many are unstaffed. Glad to find someone else who has an interview :smile:
Reply 18

I was just wondering if you had heard anything from Glasgow yet? :smile:
Original post by nicole099
I was just wondering if you had heard anything from Glasgow yet? :smile:

Hey! I've also applied to Glasgow and not heard back yet apart from the SJT. I got rejected from Cambridge and Edinburgh but have had an interview at Liverpool, which didn't go as well as planned so i'm really holding out for Glasgow 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending