The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Arty Fan
Hello! If you love Artemis Fowl as I do, then you will love coming onto this thread and posting any new info about the Artemis Fowl movie which they are supposed to be filming. Remember, keep this on the subject of the Artemis Fowl movie only please. Discussion about the 4th book is great too. :smile:

who or what is artemis fowl ?
Reply 2
Artemis Fowl is an extremely wicked book that is different from Harry Potter in the way it focuses on Fairies, Goblins, Dwarfs, a disgruntled centuar genius and small boy of 12 years old who is a criminal.

Sounds ludricrous, but i love it.

*is now a firm visitor to thread*
Reply 3
Hey. I just discovered this message board! I've been on another AF board and we have some info:

We know that the fourth book will be called "The Opal Deception" but that can still me changed.

The movie was targeted for release in late 2004.

In my opinion, Tom Felton should play Artemis. He plays "Draco Malfoy" in the Harry Potter movies. What do you think?

Will someone please post?

-Ruenna
Reply 4
Lyn!!!!! Holy Hell!!! It's you!!! Oh my God!!!
Hints: Giby, Buckey, Myra!!!!
Reply ASAP!!!
Reply 5
Ruenna! I'm sooooooo glad you are on this message board!!! It's great to know you found a new thread. I went to google, typed in "artemis fowl movie update" and this thread was right there first!! Please Post!!!
Reply 6
Oh go sleep with the Bloody pigeons you moron.

PS. Hi Granger!
Reply 7
Do they have wands?
Reply 8
at the bottom of each page on each of the books there is a code! had anyone ever bothered to translate it?
Reply 9
Sorry about my rudeness in my last post. I was talking to some moron who doesn't like Artemis Fowl. No, they do not have wands, but yes. I have decoded the whole book. It says something about phlem and all this other nonsense. You can get the code at http://www.eoincolfer.com or there are many websites that have posted it to save you time. Wichever you prefer. The european version of "The Artic Incident" has a code as well, but not the American one. It also has a page more of things they took out of the US version. Don't ask me why. It just does. You can also decode the symbols on the cover of the third book. Have fun1

-Ruenna
Ruenna
Hey. I just discovered this message board! I've been on another AF board and we have some info:

We know that the fourth book will be called "The Opal Deception" but that can still me changed.

The movie was targeted for release in late 2004.

In my opinion, Tom Felton should play Artemis. He plays "Draco Malfoy" in the Harry Potter movies. What do you think?

Will someone please post?

-Ruenna

I think that Tom Felton would make a great Artemis Fowl. He's hot. Have you been on tomfelton.com? I think that's what it's called. It shows picture of him behind the scenes, without his blond hair! He's BEYOND hot!!!
jstringer
at the bottom of each page on each of the books there is a code! had anyone ever bothered to translate it?

I decoded the book a LONG time ago. My best friend figured out what the code was, and told me. I also found a sight where it tells the code.
When it's decoded it's pretty cool, but kinda short. I know it's on the bottom of every page, but it only goes halfway through the book, really, and then starts over. It's super cool. Do you want to know what it said/says?
Reply 12
Hate to break it to ya pirate chick, but I think he's hottest in his quidditch robes. There's no need to post what the code says. Let em figure it out 4 themselves. TTFM!
Reply 13
I love Artemis but i've only read the first one.
Reply 14
i think the 4 book is called New windmills
Reply 15
Well what do you know? It is not being called 'New Windmills.' That's just retarded.
Ruenna
Well what do you know? It is not being called 'New Windmills.' That's just retarded.

Sorry guys, :frown: I seem to have lost the code translation sheet to the third book AND I've lost the sheet which has the translations so far, I know that it's a pain to say but I can't deny that I'm frustrated too. Sorry. :frown:
Reply 18
I've read the 1st 2 books, and have got to read the third. I might try decoding the code though. Should be interesting.
howdy, I'm sorry to say that ellen rebecca is confused, the first book is a message from some servant that saw all of the story foretold in some pot, and he was telling the reader about, but that massage starts over about a third of the way through the book. The second book only says one word 'FOWL' and thats on the cover. And the third book, which ellen says is from artemis, is from some by stander or someone who knew Artemis and all it says is "The boy is in trouble" over and over again

sorry to dissapoint you all, but i figured i would say something so people would be able to get it straight.

Latest