The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lance_Digger
this is the translation:
A message from Artemis Fowl. Encrypted.

My dear newfound ally, if you have deciphered this code then you are of sufficient intelligence to aid me in my mission. You may have heard of the Fowl family and imagine this mission to be illegal or even dangerous. I promise you this is not the case. All I ask is that you help me to keep my memories where they belong. In my head.

There are certain forces at work that wish to deprive me of memories that are rightfully mine. These forces would wipe certain facts from my brain that are extremely important, not to mention valuable.

Who are these forces? They are magical fairies known as The People.

I know what you are thinking: this person, Artemis Fowl, has obviously lost his mind. Fairy people? He cannot honestly expect me to believe that nonsense. It is an understandable reaction. Two years ago I would have reacted exactly the same way. But a lot can change in two years.

I have seen dwarves use their cavernous mouths to dig tunnels. I have witnessed the healing power of elves and touched the flank of a noble centaur. These creatures exist. Take my word for it.

But as powerful as these creatures are, they fear one thing: humans. We are the only creatures with the power to overthrow their underground society. Our numbers could subdue even magic. So the People have decided that it is too dangerous to have a human boy with fairy knowledge in his head. Soon they will mindwipe me and this extraordinary information will disappear.

There is one way to stop this happening. I have entrusted a computer disk to a reprobate dwarf by the name of Mulch Diggums. The disk contains all my knowledge of the fairy folk. Of course, the mind wipe will cause me to forget all about the dwarf and the disk. Diggums should bring the disk to me, but common criminals are not to be trusted. I ask you to get a message to me.

The message is simple. Six words only. "Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums".

Wherever you see one of the faithful clutching this book, repeat these words. The message will spread like a virus across the world, eventually reaching my ears. I will act upon it, putting all my resources into locating the mysterious Mister Diggums.

Once I find him, the disk will reactivate all my memories and the knowledge will be mine again. Do this for me and when I rule the world you shall be rewarded. Remember: "Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums."

Your new friend, Artemis Fowl the Second.

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!! Is the code of the third book not on American copies, because I don't think that mine has it....Oh well. Anyway...does anyone know when the movie comes out? I heard somewhere that it was August 31st, 04....but that came out of my sister's mouth and I don't know if I should believe it...
HoNeYdUkeS
I agree ruenna! tom's the perfect one for the famous artemis fowl. everytime i read the series, it seems like the picture i always imagine is "draco malfoy"...and he's cute anyway. :smile:

i want devon murray (seamus finnagin for those who dont kno). we havent seen a whole lot from him but i think he may have some hidden talent. hopefully. he was great in what little he did for HP.
PirateChick
That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!! Is the code of the third book not on American copies, because I don't think that mine has it....Oh well. Anyway...does anyone know when the movie comes out? I heard somewhere that it was August 31st, 04....but that came out of my sister's mouth and I don't know if I should believe it...

ya, the code's not in the american copies, mine duznt have it either :eek: unfortunately no one knos when the movie coming out now - well, mayb some ppl kno, but they'd have to b in high places, like the director or some1... lol, no, ur sis just voiced another rumour that was going around awhile ago. :biggrin:
Reply 83
PirateChick

your right they only have the messages in the uk versions. they have the code in the first book american version thow thats the only 1
Reply 84
Hey i just found out that Cameron Diaz is playing Holly Short
Reply 85
That is the dumbest letter i ever heard. Its made up u idiot. good books, but made up. it aint that serious to play pretend about. Duh.
Reply 86
neomanxllp

That works. :smile:
Yeah right
That is the dumbest letter i ever heard. Its made up u idiot. good books, but made up. it aint that serious to play pretend about. Duh.

i think everyone kinda knows its made up. its just entertaining. remember, alot of ppl thot that they had to wait a long time b4 reading n e more AF. then they found the message, and it was like a bonus chapter. only someone really naive (or stupid) would go around saying 'Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums', or whatever it is.
choco_frog_chic
i think everyone kinda knows its made up. its just entertaining. remember, alot of ppl thot that they had to wait a long time b4 reading n e more AF. then they found the message, and it was like a bonus chapter. only someone really naive (or stupid) would go around saying 'Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums', or whatever it is.

p.s. i still agree tho, that that letter has got to be the dumbest part of the whole series. :biggrin:
neomanxllp

Where did you hear that? I thought that that was just a rumor...
Reply 90
neomanxllp

Thats only a rumor. No one really knows.
Reply 91
Thank goodness. If it turns out to be true I'm going to point blank refuse to watch it. I actually think that someone like Kiera Knightley or (better still) Anna Friel would be a rather good Holly. Gahh- If only Sean Biggerstaff were a little bit younger!! He would have been the perfect Artemis imho.
Love always,
Lioness
Lioness
Thank goodness. If it turns out to be true I'm going to point blank refuse to watch it. I actually think that someone like Kiera Knightley or (better still) Anna Friel would be a rather good Holly. Gahh- If only Sean Biggerstaff were a little bit younger!! He would have been the perfect Artemis imho.
Love always,
Lioness

Is sean irish?? then i agree, if he was younger he'd be perfect. but he's gotta be irish. im not good w/ accents, i couldn't tell where sean sounded like he was from... he has a very strong accent. :biggrin:
Reply 93
The second book does have a code though... am I the only one who noticed it?? Maybe it's just my copy of the book... I live in VA, America, btw. All three of the books I own have codes in them. Book one is in Fairy, and it speaks of a prophecy of the fairies about Artemis. Book two is in Centauean, that was the easiest code to translate, and it speaks of fairy ancestry and the need for half human, half fairies to love the earth and become a new species... and then book three, which had the most interesting message from Artemis Fowl himself. My friends and I were quite ecstatic when we translated the three books together during our lunch periods and afterschool...

btw, I've heard a rumor from one of my many insane friends that if you can translate all three of the codes, you can get into the Artemis Fowl movie, even if you're only an extra. Is this true?

Confused but hopeful!
Diana-sama
("-sama" is japanese, btw...)
Reply 94
Does any1 no wen the movie will be commin out?
Reply 95
by the way, who thinks artemis fowl is HOT?!
Reply 96
Artemis

It kinda makes no sense that the mlae character is called Artemis, considering she was the virgin goddess of the hunt. Dont you think? ... Though i do know a guy called Caitlyn... i suppose its not that farfetched.
dianasama
The second book does have a code though... am I the only one who noticed it?? Maybe it's just my copy of the book... I live in VA, America, btw. All three of the books I own have codes in them. Book one is in Fairy, and it speaks of a prophecy of the fairies about Artemis. Book two is in Centauean, that was the easiest code to translate, and it speaks of fairy ancestry and the need for half human, half fairies to love the earth and become a new species... and then book three, which had the most interesting message from Artemis Fowl himself. My friends and I were quite ecstatic when we translated the three books together during our lunch periods and afterschool...

btw, I've heard a rumor from one of my many insane friends that if you can translate all three of the codes, you can get into the Artemis Fowl movie, even if you're only an extra. Is this true?

Confused but hopeful!
Diana-sama
("-sama" is japanese, btw...)

I've never heard anything about that rumour b4, so i can't entirely squash it but, no 'fense, it seems VERY unlikely. they'd have, like, thousands of extras if that got out. that wud be soooo cool, tho.
~*rAcH*~
Does any1 no wen the movie will be commin out?

For the last time: No. One. Knows. When. The Movie. Is. Coming. Out.
I wish i did, but i don't. But if Artemis was a real guy, ya, he'd be hot :biggrin:. :tongue:
Everdawn
It kinda makes no sense that the mlae character is called Artemis, considering she was the virgin goddess of the hunt. Dont you think? ... Though i do know a guy called Caitlyn... i suppose its not that farfetched.

hello? have you even read the books?? Artemis acknowledges that his name does usually belong to a female, but he "earned" the right to use the name, in the third book.

Latest