This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Is Girton seen as a 'lower' college by Cambridge undergrads? Is the distance from the university lecture buildings resented by the Girton students.

Thanx!

-k-
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Is Girton seen as a 'lower' college by Cambridge undergrads? Is the distance from the university lecture buildings resented by the Girton students.

Thanx!

-k-
Anybody currently at Girton or at Cambridge, I would be very grateful hearing from.

Thanx!

-k-
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Anybody currently at Girton or at Cambridge, I would be very grateful hearing from.

Thanx!

-k-
the distance is a bit annoying.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
the distance is a bit annoying.
Are you currently there?
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Are you currently there?
He's at Magdalene.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Are you currently there?
no, i'm in Cambridge, whereas Girton is in Girton
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Petrozzi)
He's at Magdalene.
Cos I made an open application and now im stuck with girton and im a bit peeved now cos i cant change the college. I just wanted to ask people is it really that bad and how long would u say does it take to get to lectures each morning by bike?
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Cos I made an open application and now im stuck with girton and im a bit peeved now cos i cant change the college. I just wanted to ask people is it really that bad and how long would u say does it take to get to lectures each morning by bike?
No idea, but it'll keep you in shape so what's the problem?
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
maybe 10mins, depending on where exactly you're going.
This is one of the reasons you NEVER make an open application.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
No idea, but it'll keep you in shape so what's the problem?
I know it will keep me in shape, but what about those freeeezing cold mornings when you reeeeally dont wanna get out of bed and the prospect of cycling 15 mins to lectures is totally out of the question. Are there car parking spaces etc (hmmm but then id need to buyu a car with my imaginary money .... hmmmm)
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I know it will keep me in shape, but what about those freeeezing cold mornings when you reeeeally dont wanna get out of bed and the prospect of cycling 15 mins to lectures is totally out of the question. Are there car parking spaces etc (hmmm but then id need to buyu a car with my imaginary money .... hmmmm)
and get college permission to keep a car, which you won't be able to get, and be able to drive in Cambridge city centre, which you can't. So the desicions out of your hands really.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
and get college permission to keep a car, which you won't be able to get, and be able to drive in Cambridge city centre, which you can't. So the desicions out of your hands really.
lol.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
lol.
So the prognosis for me is ABSOLUTELY GREAT then

O well...at least Ive got a better chance of getting an offer (like ill get an A in psychology anyway - it dont realy matter lol)
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

O well...at least Ive got a better chance of getting an offer (like ill get an A in psychology anyway - it dont realy matter lol)
I'm sure you can endure these little niggles for a few years of your life, it's for a greater good isn't it?
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

if u get in you'll like it, it'll be like a little community out there.
icy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
what about St Catharine's? is it a nice college?
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by icy)
what about St Catharine's? is it a nice college?
yep
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
They're all lovely! Anyway, Girton is the only college that has its own swimming pool so it ain't all bad. The people I know who are studying there don't seem to mind the distance too much. And they ARE a lot fitter than me!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm going for Girton too! Lucky for me the nearest department to Girton is Maths. Well it will be lucky for me if I get in <sigh of relief at avoiding jinxing himself>
Unregisteredjjj
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I hope girton is nice....i havnt heard an interview date yet though..im getting kinda worried lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (38)
13.92%
Virtual campus tours/open days (61)
22.34%
Live streaming events (25)
9.16%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (27)
9.89%
A uni comparison tool (63)
23.08%
An in-person event when available (59)
21.61%