The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unregistered
Is Girton seen as a 'lower' college by Cambridge undergrads? Is the distance from the university lecture buildings resented by the Girton students.

Thanx!

-k-

Anybody currently at Girton or at Cambridge, I would be very grateful hearing from.

Thanx!

-k-
Reply 2
Unregistered
Anybody currently at Girton or at Cambridge, I would be very grateful hearing from.

Thanx!

-k-

the distance is a bit annoying.
Reply 3
DanMushMan
the distance is a bit annoying.

Are you currently there?
Reply 4
Unregistered
Are you currently there?

He's at Magdalene.
Reply 5
Unregistered
Are you currently there?

no, i'm in Cambridge, whereas Girton is in Girton
Reply 6
Petrozzi
He's at Magdalene.

Cos I made an open application and now im stuck with girton and im a bit peeved now cos i cant change the college. :frown: I just wanted to ask people is it really that bad and how long would u say does it take to get to lectures each morning by bike?
Reply 7
Unregistered
Cos I made an open application and now im stuck with girton and im a bit peeved now cos i cant change the college. :frown: I just wanted to ask people is it really that bad and how long would u say does it take to get to lectures each morning by bike?

No idea, but it'll keep you in shape so what's the problem? :smile:
Reply 8
Unregistered

maybe 10mins, depending on where exactly you're going.
This is one of the reasons you NEVER make an open application.
Reply 9
Petrozzi
No idea, but it'll keep you in shape so what's the problem? :smile:

I know it will keep me in shape, but what about those freeeezing cold mornings when you reeeeally dont wanna get out of bed and the prospect of cycling 15 mins to lectures is totally out of the question. Are there car parking spaces etc (hmmm but then id need to buyu a car with my imaginary money .... hmmmm)
Unregistered
I know it will keep me in shape, but what about those freeeezing cold mornings when you reeeeally dont wanna get out of bed and the prospect of cycling 15 mins to lectures is totally out of the question. Are there car parking spaces etc (hmmm but then id need to buyu a car with my imaginary money .... hmmmm)

and get college permission to keep a car, which you won't be able to get, and be able to drive in Cambridge city centre, which you can't. So the desicions out of your hands really.
Reply 11
DanMushMan
and get college permission to keep a car, which you won't be able to get, and be able to drive in Cambridge city centre, which you can't. So the desicions out of your hands really.

lol.
Reply 12
Petrozzi
lol.

So the prognosis for me is ABSOLUTELY GREAT then :frown:

O well...at least Ive got a better chance of getting an offer (like ill get an A in psychology anyway - it dont realy matter lol)
Reply 13
Unregistered

O well...at least Ive got a better chance of getting an offer (like ill get an A in psychology anyway - it dont realy matter lol)

I'm sure you can endure these little niggles for a few years of your life, it's for a greater good isn't it? :smile:
Unregistered

if u get in you'll like it, it'll be like a little community out there.
Reply 15
what about St Catharine's? is it a nice college?
icy
what about St Catharine's? is it a nice college?

yep
They're all lovely! Anyway, Girton is the only college that has its own swimming pool so it ain't all bad. The people I know who are studying there don't seem to mind the distance too much. And they ARE a lot fitter than me!
Reply 18
I'm going for Girton too! Lucky for me the nearest department to Girton is Maths. Well it will be lucky for me if I get in <sigh of relief at avoiding jinxing himself>
Reply 19
I hope girton is nice....i havnt heard an interview date yet though..im getting kinda worried lol

Latest

Trending

Trending